autechre - quaristice (2008)

zhao

there are no accidents
sorry i've got that friday end of week overload brain fart thing going on

ohhhshiiiiidx6.gif

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
There's nothing wrong with peanut butter. And there's nothing wrong with jam/jelly. It's the mixing of the two that is completely beyond the pale (rale?) to the refined European palette.

And if by 'spiked fist of satan' you mean 'really quite tasty' then I think we can agree on that one vimothy.

zhao

there are no accidents
There's nothing wrong with peanut butter. And there's nothing wrong with jam/jelly. It's the mixing of the two that is completely beyond the pale (rale?) to the refined European palette.

what?!?! and this comes from someone who usually emits sound reason. when was your last complete psych reevaluation?

zhao

there are no accidents
So 10 hours of Autechre on Resonance starting at 8 tonight.

here's a 500 MB mp3 of that (not sure if it's the ENTIRE 10 hours though)

partial track list here.

see as much as i clown, i do follow what these geezers are up to. (sometimes.) (when my nerd friend emails me this shit)

i'm assuming this is same the thing they broadcast from their site, it's more like 11 1/2 hours as i have it. i thought it was great anyway! one of the best things they've done, in that it contextualises their own music very well. some dope and some unexpected stuff...very nicely put together

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
I saw Autechre live about 5 years ago... probably the best show I've ever been to -- and it was almost completely dark! Any chance they'll hit the states with this one?

sing_minimal

04-04 Los Angeles, CA - Echoplex *
04-05 San Francisco, CA - Mezzanine *
04-06 Portland, OR - Doug Fir *
04-07 Seattle, WA - Neumos *
04-08 Vancouver, British Columbia - Richards on Richards *
04-11 Chicago, IL - The Abbey *
04-12 Toronto, Ontario - Lees Palace *
04-13 Montreal, Quebec - Club Soda *
04-14 Cambridge, MA - Middle East Downstairs *
04-15 Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg *
04-16 Philadelphia, PA - Transit *
04-17 Washington, DC - Black Cat *

trouc

trouc
I saw Autechre live about 5 years ago... probably the best show I've ever been to -- and it was almost completely dark! Any chance they'll hit the states with this one?

Hmm, the one time I saw them live was easily the worst set I have ever seen. Nothing really comes close.

noel emits

Last time I saw Autechre play live was I think at the Warp Lighthouse Party about eight years ago. Except I didn't actually see them because I spent the whole time outside catching up with an old friend. They were really good DJing at the ATP they did though, that was an excellent event all round. Also there was an Autechre DJ mix for a John Peel show some time ago (obviously) that I really liked. I know it had a brilliant version of Cybotron's 'Techno City' on it and some other choice bits.

Last edited:

noel emits

The guy sitting down has just proclaimed his conviction that 'Untilted' is the finest of Autechre's albums.