autechre - quaristice (2008)

zhao

there are no accidents
The guy sitting down has just proclaimed his conviction that 'Untilted' is the finest of Autechre's albums.

hahahaha

i've noticed before and just now again that BBC World Service uses a piece of that instrumental "nice" tune from "Untitled"... i guess Autechre is just about as good (mild and decorative and radio friendly) a symbol of modern british music as it gets. do you think the average UK citizen knows what it is?

zhao

there are no accidents
i think there is definitely an element of maliciousness to these guys... and richie d too. with that said russel haswell djing was an important inspirations for me to start doing it myself

sing_minimal

haha. what sort of thing was he djing? i saw him play on sonar a few years ago..it was his own stuff but he threw a couple of dance tracks in the set as well. it was about 5 pm so the sun was really hitting hard and it was outside..there was only this one guy dancing, doing the strangest moves as you may imagine and the rest of us were just standing there watching the guy hehe. anyway, this time around they'll be there with massonix and rob hall so no excuse not to dance : )

btw, if you'd like to hear the rest of what sean said you can hear it here; http://www.youshare.com/view.php?file=autechre_excerpt_from_a_radio_.mp3

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
was the first time i heard gabba and noise and black metal and abstract crazy electro shit all mixed up. timing was right, dark club and people just arriving. i was much younger then and much more into aggression

sing_minimal

hmm, i must say i don't see those in the aggression context..i see that music much more as fun..humour and darkness going hand in hand : )