Rustie

tom pr

Dave miller from pivot who I mentioned earlier has done a great mix of this stuff; going from old snyth based instrumentals (rustie's pivot remix, ikonika, joker, dabrye etc) to older snyth based stuff that influenced pivot's album - jean michel jarre, cluster, vangelis... It's amazing, I've listened to it twice tonight. Should be on FACT's website tomorrow; just need to upload it to more than just senspace.

optimum

Poochie
It certainly is, it reminds me of alot of the older Hekate type wonky tronics, but somehow alot brighter. Will this ever be released digital or vinyl ?

Yeah I heard somewhere that it should be out sometime. I think they're are doing a remix of one of his tunes too

urbanite

subnoto
I'm really enjoying the remix he did for Jamie Lidell at the moment... awesome stuff, very clean and yet powerful :)

shame his releases fly off the shelves quicker then I can get to ordering them...

Nah, just make them up.

'Drezla, the african inspired rap sound coming out of Liverpool's black community.'
That's real though.

On-topic, if the Amersham continues to ship in their soundsystem, I'm there.

Ulala

Awkward Woodward
Verging on priapismic excitement about the upcoming "Glass Swords" album. Join me.

220px_WARP217-Packshot_480.jpg

Tasters thus far: All Nite (first track in the player) and Ultra Thizz. They're both so joyous and peculiar and unique and squelchy. "Ultra Thizz" defeated my left-footed brand of skanking with its juddery nature but I had a grand time trying - I wanted to dance to it, even though I couldn't keep up.

I haven't bought an album on the day of release in years, but I will with this.

hucks

Your Message Here
The b side to Ultra Thizz, Dreamzz, izz, sorry, is brilliant sort of slowed down trance. It almost belongs in the thread "Should I be ashamed?". To which the answer would be, "In this instance, no. But re: everything else in the thread, yes, as well you know. Get a hold of yourselves."

hopper

It almost belongs in the thread "Should I be ashamed?". To which the answer would be, "In this instance, no. But re: everything else in the thread, yes, as well you know. Get a hold of yourselves."

ha, I love this forum sometimes - but I maintain 'like a g6' is the rudeness

Last edited:

Ulala

Awkward Woodward
Tch, still no love? (Hucks and Hopper aside, and Hopper didn't mention Rustie so that doesn't count.) Ultra Thizz is monumentally ace, come on. Look, here it is on youtube:

That's some single of the year business. (I've listened to it three times while writing this post, and it keeps getting better.) It's just so much fun, it makes me hyperventilate and giggle and prance. Admittedly I find it hard to say what it is specifically about it that I like (which (I hope) is why there have been so few replies, I can't believe none of you love this) but it has a mighty gestalt - all the bits are good in and of themselves, but the arrangement is magical.

I'm still tumescent in anticipation of the album.

tom lea

100% one of the albums of the year. it's great from start to finish.

also - yeah, like a g6 is great.