Rustie

optimum

Poochie

Please no ;) Aquacrunk I think was taking the piss, but seen it on a flyer still. I'm gonna name it 'avant-bass', linking Rustie, Ikonika, Flylo etc. Or, that 'post-bump' phrase was okay in describing the post-dilla global scene Wonky is so February '08....

tom pr

aquacrunk sounds like the sort of special power mega man would learn after beating some sort of octopus robot, so i hope it sticks too.

aquaman54comicbookposter.jpg
+
Lil-Jon-Crunk-Juice-Giclee-Print-C12185962.jpeg
=
Rustie.jpg
???

DannyL

Wild Horses
He's going for a scuba parka/periscope efffect with that hoodie anyway so maybe he is aquacrunk after all. That is such a stoopid word, it should defintely come into effect.

Perhaps this is why he's so pale. Like the great white, he spends all his time in the cavernous depths.

Blip

Talking about wonky (and reusing a label to see if sticks this time), do you remember when Acid Jazz was for a minute or two a label to describe Nitzer Ebb and the like?

Or maybe that was just a single Melody Maker issue.

motion

Please no ;) Aquacrunk I think was taking the piss, but seen it on a flyer still. I'm gonna name it 'avant-bass', linking Rustie, Ikonika, Flylo etc. Or, that 'post-bump' phrase was okay in describing the post-dilla global scene Wonky is so February '08....

Can we stop calling wonky wonky please!?!?! I think your four-five months behind, I think if u'd written about this then, u would've come correct. Seems a bit late now, u of all people should know how fast dubstep moves. Seems like you're jumping on the bandwagon...;) Seems like you've just discovered Dilla yesterday, even he wasn't 'wonky' he just focused on drummer's mistakes he didn't quantise all of his beats, like burial, does that make burial wonky? Plus first burial album had loads of beeps too, what does that mean? Think wonky should be replaced by 'natural'...

Good piece Blackdown.

Had no idea that Samiyam was releasing a 12" on Hyperdub, that's fucking fantastic news.

And oh, FlyLos L.A. is an absolute beast of an album, don't sleep...

Tanadan

likes things
Aquacrunk is like the best name for a genre ever. I love this stuff

Specifically, the feeling of complete immersion caused by all the bleeps and bobs flying about, mainly out of quantized time with the bass/kick/snare.

moolac

hehe, aquacrunk was never supposed to be a proper terminology... it was a bit of nonsense chat we put on a mailout for Rustie's first gig in London.

it shouldn't be taken too seriously either... i guess people just found it funny so they started using it. it was a bit of a reference to drexciya... and crunk of course...