Rustie

elgato

I just dont know
I have been hopelessly late getting the latest few Hyperdub releases but that One Spliff A Day tune is quality innit. And the A side of the Ikonika one too. I thought the Lime one was a bit bland on first listen though.

Has Kode himself got on the wonk-syth tip yet? I haven't had access to radio for six months. What are the latest tuens he has done himself? Magnetic City was amazing.

Need You is absolutely amazing imo. when i heard it at plastic persons it was next, second drop is completely bananas. think its one of the most original tunes in dubstep right now

a bit Kode's stuff has been that way of late but interestingly he's also been going towards some quite stiff motoric beats. check his remix of Geiom's Reminissin for example

Last edited:

Immryr

my copy of cafe de phresh arrived today.... it seems to have some sort of screen printing on the front.... and a glow in the dark insert!!!!

oh yes!

Benny Bunter

my copy of cafe de phresh arrived today.... it seems to have some sort of screen printing on the front.... and a glow in the dark insert!!!!

oh yes!

Sounds snazzy!

Got this on order too, prepping up for the gig next month. No doubt I'll see you there eh?

tom pr

Rustie is at plastic people this Friday!!!!!! :D
seeing derrick may and then theo parish on saturday, so not as gutted as i normally would be. still annoyed that flylo is playing glasgow, edinburgh but not the aberdeen leg of triptych. kode9 was the same last year. I think rustie's doing the same this year, actually...

moolac

Aired on M A Hobbs show last night: Heaps of Rustie plus Wireblock exclusives...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/maryannehobbs/

Think we start about 45mins in.

Wireblock Mix
Rustie - 'Dog Mask' (RushHour)
Rustie - 'Keesha Resmak' (Dubplate)
Hudson Mohawke - 'Still On It' (Wireblock x LuckyMe)
Mike Slott - 'Gardening' (Dubplate)
Rustie - 'Early Learning' (Dubplate)
Olivier Daysoul - 'Space Ship' (Dubplate)
Alex Cortex - 'Reminisce' (Wireblock)
Music At Nite - 'City to City' (Wireblock)
Ghosts On Tape - 'Port Moresby' (Dubplate)
Dj Tamiel - 'Body' (Dress 2 Sweat)
Pivot - 'In The Blood' (Rustie Remix) (Warp Records)
Rich Boy - 'Chevy A Monsta' (Dubplate)
Rustie - 'Bad Science' (Wireblock)
Starkey - 'Blow Ya Mind Remix' (Dubplate)
Joker - 'Solid State' (Dubplate)
Rustie - 'Dragonfly' (Dubplate)

http://www.myspace.com/rustiebeetz
http://www.myspace.com/wireblock
http://www.wireblock.com

Benny Bunter

Does anyone know more about 215 TFK and how they came to make a record with Rustie?

The Cafe De Phresh EP is really good, especially Mic of the Year Award. I love how this Hip Hop scene's cropped up in Glasgow. I didn't see that one coming!

After hearing this and some of the other bits that Rustie's been up to I'm even more impressed with Hyperdub for putting out the Spliff dub remix. I wish there were more labels breaking down barriers like this, whilst keeping such good quality control.

Last edited:
yeah the Cafe de Phresh is pretty sick. Definitely Rustie's tightest beats yet; everything else he's done sounds like a huge angry mainframe coming alive stomping down the block spraying sparks everywhere; on this EP the mainframe is breakdancing...

All I know about 215:TFK is their names and where they're from, Cerebral Cortex(San Fran) and Buddy Leezle(San Antonio).

mainframe-figure.jpg
mainframe-orange.jpg

Blip

what are people thinking of rustie in general?

Me? I want to marry him and have 33 kids. That Jagz the Smack EP was probably the only 5-track EP I ever bought in which everything was excellent. Insanely good.

"Dilla and Drexcyia" was good.

Blip

After hearing this and some of the other bits that Rustie's been up to I'm even more impressed with Hyperdub for putting out the Spliff dub remix. I wish there were more labels breaking down barriers like this, whilst keeping such good quality control.

I haven't felt "I can buy whatever comes out on this label" for a very long time, like I am lately with Hyperdub. Maybe last was Ram Records until the Speed of Sound album, about, what, 55 years ago.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Can anyone tell me how to rip MP3s from that Radio 1 site? I need a copy of that mix, it's fucking incredible. What I really like about this stuff is that there's not even a name for it yet...