80's R'n'B/Electro-soul

craner

Beast of Burden
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-GrTbhOvB9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_bc65K9N5LI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sKoBpDM9S8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w4QxW01P0qg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
Howard Johnson, 'Keepin' Love New'

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Lu4-C9k4UXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The whole of this Kashif produced album is gorgeous: silky, breezy, poised. Got it cheap at Kelly's record shop in Cardiff market which is proving to be a treasure trove for '80s soul. I have picked up records by Melissa Morgan, Freeze, Kashif, The Jones Girls, Shannon, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, Mtume, Whodini, Thelma Houston, Cherelle, Cheryl Lynn, Change, Loose Ends...and it's barely hurt my bank account. I'm also buying up their Cocteau Twins and A Certain Ratio stock, so I keep getting odd looks from their solid Rock staff. There's quite a few things left there I want to buy from their soul section, and not being London I have the luxury of knowing it will still be there, and cheap, if I hold off for a few weeks.

Living the dream.

craner

Beast of Burden
Edit: This is another one from the Kashif/Paul Laurence camp:

Meli'sa Morgan, 'Fool's Paradise', having mentioned her, wasn't sure if this gem had even been posted:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ay5dPFpyQ5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is serious jumping-out-of-bed hit-the-day-face-on got-a-date-later type music, regardless of the lyrics.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Another absolutely lovely thing by FUNK DELUXE

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U-W8pkeeN6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
Yet more summer BBQ music.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JxDcZi9WBFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
No. 1 Whodini track, without question. Extended version it has to be:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-7o3yZmAfls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craner

Beast of Burden
I know I know I KNOW 'Nights Over Egypt' by the gorgeous Jones Girls has been done, but I have been loving it today, in spite of the rain:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pzxwZ6wjDAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>