80's R'n'B/Electro-soul

luka

oh thanks for thinking of me. i will listen. i need to get on that datpiff thing. i just couldnt be arsed.

Client Eastwood

I'm not going to let this thread lye. Pretty sure we haven't had this.

Chandra Simmons - Never Let you go. A Mantronix production.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Client Eastwood

Pub in 1/2 an hour and then off work till tues. Yes!

Terri Well - Ill be around.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Client Eastwood

Don't think we had Timex Social Club - Rumours.

luka

searching for pictures of girls in yellow knickers and i found this amazing tune id never heard before. mason-somethin' xtra.

Client Eastwood

searching for pictures of girls in yellow knickers and i found this amazing tune id never heard before. mason-somethin' xtra.

LOL Luka. Good tune and knickers.

Can't remember if this has been posted so for. Nevertheless worthy of a repost.

Ingram - DJ's Delight.

craner

Beast of Burden
Kashif, Send Me Your Love

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RkNzhEmCRqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Addicted to this album at the moment. It's immense. He was marketed as a rival to Prince by his record company at the time. Not quite, but this is great.

This instrumental track is a good way in, but it's all fantastic:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hr4Nxs6pPPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can probably pick this up for a few quid even in an over-priced second hand record shop, and it's worth it. SUMMER RECORD.

craner

Beast of Burden
That beautiful Change record upthread is a Jam & Lewis production, by the way, and I am really enjoying their stuff at the moment, particularly:

Thelma Houston, Qualifying Heat
Cheryl Lynn 'Encore'
The SOS Band tracks
Janet Jackson Control Remixes
The Cherelle tracks
Ralph Tresvant debut album esp. 'Sensitivity'

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Love this band in small doses, especially this languid, off-kilter, tender thing:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GSTWtKcBtHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>