Flying Lotus-Los Angeles (2008)

mms

sometimes
finally the hiphop left field is appealing again. those anticon cds are staying taped up in boxes though.

well yes - it was a contrived scene wasn't it, however since the hest has died around them there have been some interesting releases on the label.

Alfons

Way of the future
So Im a bit confused by this, the page set there would be three eps and one cd but now I see a vinyl version with the same tracklist as the cd in different shops. Will the ep's contain extra tracks?

mms

sometimes
So Im a bit confused by this, the page set there would be three eps and one cd but now I see a vinyl version with the same tracklist as the cd in different shops. Will the ep's contain extra tracks?

the ep's are ep's and the album is an album.

polystyle

Wanna shout out my man Tim Saccenti for the F Lotus teaser video !
Looking forward to seeing -hearing it all.

hucks

Your Message Here
So I went to the Brainfeeder thing last night and saw Fly Lo, but I didn't stay to the end of his set. Someone said upthread that his album is a bit mid 90s Mo Wax, and that's very much what I heard. Plus some bits that sounded like Four Tet - slightly glitchy and repetitive-but-pretty noise.

Edit: He wasn't shit or anything, though. I left early cos I'm fucking useless.

He suffered in contrast to Rustie and Hud Mo who were amazing. Pretty much every tune was something crazy and new, including some fucked up mambo thing and a 140bpm track that would destroy dubstep if not handled carefully ;) Gaslamp Killer was also more exciting, playing a couple of Rusko-ish dubstep bangers and ending up with Iggy Pop. Fly Lo was a bit too polite in comparison.

And Rustie played 3/4 Heart by Black Dog, a tune I was too young to hear on a dancefloor at the time and had never expected to hear again, so big that up.

Last edited: