Minimal Tech, Electro etc

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4C1Y7UE

there you are geez

Tracklist:

1. KSoul + Ra.H - Turning Poing (sistrum)
2. DJ Jus Ed - Don't stop Da Da (jus-ed recordings)
3. Manoo - Kodjo (Deeply Rooted House)
4. Raw Artistic Soul ft. Ursula Rucker - The Light (Karizma Deepa 1Ne Dub, Raw Artistic Soul)
5. Cassy - Somelightuntothenight (Beatstreet)
6. Sascha Dive - Deep In Rhythm (Deep Vibes Recordings)
7. DJ Dennis - I love to watch U dance (DJ Buck Remix) (force of nature)
8. Eddie Fowlkes - Save Message Remix (Cityboymusic)
9. Rennie Foster - Monochasm (xplormusic)
10. G-Man - Sparticus (Styrax Leaves)
11. Djinxx - No color man (F...U! Fcom)
12. Tobias - Dial (logistic)
13. Minimal Man - Make a move pt.1 (trelik)
14. Disko 3000 - Sabu Sabu Rugged Mix (body to body)
15. Shakleton - Blood on my hands, Ricardo Villalobos Apocalypso Now Mix (Skull Disco)
16. Petre Inspirescu - de bou (a:rpia:r)
17. Keith Worthy - Deep For Dayz (Sistrum)
18. Brendon Moeller - Pink Noise (Third ear)
19. Ferrer& Sydenham Inc. - The Back Door (Ibadan)
20. Tiger Stripes - Hooked (Liebe*Detail)
21. DJ Koze - All The Time (Philpot)
22. Andy Stott - Massacre (Modern Love)

elgato

I just dont know
im very much into Bodycode, kind of a tribal, housey take on modern techno. this is sick, and thats well old. his live set is next level amazing. dont really think its minimal at all though, not even in association or any other sense. but still

Corpsey i would recommend looking into releases related to Cassy, Move D, Azuri etc, i think you might really like them. Cassy is my favourite producer making minimal house / techno at the moment

some Move D sets...

http://podcastload.de/

again, quite far off topic i think but i think you'll enjoy them

rob_giri

So what does anyone know about what they call 'Minimal Electro'

ie, what have cats officially termed it as, and who and where and so on

psherburne

<I>So what does anyone know about what they call 'Minimal Electro'

ie, what have cats officially termed it as, and who and where and so on</i>

I haven't seen this term used anywhere (and am relieved for that). I can't imagine that it really means anything, given how far the term "electro" has come from its electrofunk roots. (As though that stuff weren't minimal enough to begin with!)

tox

Factory Girl
So Sunday Adventure Club was a great night in the end. Minimal done right is damn good fun. Heartthrob and Marc Houle playing "live" sets were particularly exciting. On the flip side, Magda was unusually boring. Even after 12 hours of M_nus we were still dancing away to Matt John as the sun came up. Lots of foreigners but plenty of Berliners too it seemed. Saw a few "minimal my ass" t-shirts and posters up in Berlin saying "minimal sucks hard" but it all seemed Nathan Barley style ironic to me!

Then over to Barcelona for Sonar. Saw Felix da Housecat diss Minimal as "not sexy enough" on Thursday night at Razzmatazz - he's obviously been reading one too many Dissensus threads. Richie Hawtin's Contakt thing where he conducted the whole M_nus family for nigh-on six hours was a whole load of fun compared to Felix da Housecat's cheese fest of a set. The show was pretty much stolen by Ricardo and Rings of Saturn on the Saturday night though.

Just as an aside, I know a few people who are into minimal exactly because of the lack of "funk" and "sexiness". Those things are not a pre-requisite for music to be good or enjoyed. Lots of minimal has plenty of groove regardless of the lack of sexiness.

psherburne

Not really "minimal," at least not in the nu-school sensibility, but whatever happened to Norken? I loved his <I>Southern Soul</i> album, and right now am listening to a really lovely Delsin 12" of his I'd forgotten about. Is he still making housey stuff?

mms

sometimes
Not really "minimal," at least not in the nu-school sensibility, but whatever happened to Norken? I loved his <I>Southern Soul</i> album, and right now am listening to a really lovely Delsin 12" of his I'd forgotten about. Is he still making housey stuff?

you mean the track on reel - yes it's perfect that track.
he did a retrospective comp last year and had a hiatus cos he was ill, but apparently back this year.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Finally got round to listening to half of that Edfemin podcast, enjoying it a lot. Thanks to sodium nightlife.

Enjoying listening to 4 to the floor music more and more, still can't quite get my head/body around dancing to it, think I need to go to a few nights to sort that out. Any recommendations?

straight

wings cru
Finally got round to listening to half of that Edfemin podcast, enjoying it a lot. Thanks to sodium nightlife.

Enjoying listening to 4 to the floor music more and more, still can't quite get my head/body around dancing to it, think I need to go to a few nights to sort that out. Any recommendations?

Im hoping my trip to berlin gets my passion for raving, Ive not had one good night out in london since i moved down