Hip-Hop '00s

urbanite

subnoto
There is lots of odd black modern belief systems in hip hop though, lots of the wu stuff etc, has lots of 5 percent stuff in it, but it's hidden in lyrical cyphers, killah priest does seem to be more into some of the stranger aspects, but then ol mf doom used nuwabian imagery in his artwork etc. Alot of the time it's more or less noticing it, as it's not always that open.

Very true... didn't really think of all the hidden bits, mostly for the reason of never really taking time to understand or learn about them, thus not catching a lot of them... but that's pretty much my point if ever they do it, it is often done in some cryptic form, while the Reggae artists can simply go out there and sing about Jah all day long :)

mms

sometimes
Very true... didn't really think of all the hidden bits, mostly for the reason of never really taking time to understand or learn about them, thus not catching a lot of them... but that's pretty much my point if ever they do it, it is often done in some cryptic form, while the Reggae artists can simply go out there and sing about Jah all day long :)

thats the nature of 5 percenter stuff though, it's a cypher, different from praising jah, esp as there is no outward god.
there is still lots of christianity in hip hop, even gangster stuff has redemption themes etc, there was but less so alot of nation stuff too, but there are less nation of islam mcs about today really.

craner

Beast of Burden
Well, I suppose this 'Redemption' song stands out because it's a direct promotion of the sect he belongs to.

craner

Beast of Burden
I really liked that video posted a while back - the Texan rapping about his car's steering wheel!