Neo-Nazi forum hacked

vimothy

yurp
Personally, I don't want to see Padraig banned. Not sure if that counts for much, but there it is all the same.

crackerjack

Insulting banned posters who are not able to respond has created an enormous amount of work for moderators in the past. Including threats of legal action.

There's something deeply weird about someone who posts under a pseudonym, or perhaps just a first name, threatening legal action. Not quite up there with spending real money in Second Life, but almost.

mms

sometimes
my thoughts are that this is the third time this has happened, there is a point where there is no turning back with him, there has been twice already, the turning point is when things clearly won't improve and anything the guy has to offer just turns to noise, and where inevitably it thyen becomes him vs everyone else in some sort of over complicated outrage / persecution fest so it's best to stop it.

crackerjack

my thoughts are that this is the third time this has happened, there is a point where there is no turning back with him, there has been twice already, the turning point is when things clearly won't improve and anything the guy has to offer just turns to noise, and where inevitably it thyen becomes him vs everyone else in some sort of over complicated outrage / persecution fest so it's best to stop it.

That's pretty much where I'm at too.

IdleRich

IdleRich
For those who are disappointed, I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure he will return in a different guise soon enough.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
For those who are disappointed, I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure he will return in a different guise soon enough.

JE or one of the other mods could just ban the IP address he posts from, though. Having said that, I can almost see him moving house in order to get a new IP address so he can get a new account.

Is that how IP addresses work? I'm not too hot on this kind of thing. Maybe someone could just write a macro that bans someone after they use the words 'gliberal', 'fascist' and 'disavowed' in the same post...

Last edited:

nomos

Administrator
service providers often have a pool of IPs which they continually re-assign amongst their subscribers. i seem to remember an earlier incident in which a banned IP from a moderately sized island nation was preventing one or more non-banned forum members from said nation from posting. don't know if that was a fluke or something to be expected.

D

droid

I think that was a result of the Island in question only having one major ISP

But anyway, the drama's over now, and the farcical cycle is complete for another year (bar the inevitable slight return), so can we all just let it lie now?

martin

----
Looking back at the post that kicked this off, I have to concede it was hastily, badly written and could come across the wrong way (which it obviously has) - I was trying to make the point that that certain slogan is far more charged and populist than something like 'white power', which is too ambiguous to catch on (like whites don't preside over the UK left). Also, I'm not against all left wingers but I stand by my belief that hundreds of glib, patronizing campaigns have added to the problem - Paul Gilroy's written extensively about this, especially regarding the 80s GLC's supposed anti-racist propaganda (the infamous 'black/white cake' poster is eternally cringeworthy). I note that the ex-GLC members haven't done badly for themselves since abandoning the beloved proles - black, white, Asian, gay or whatever - they were once so 'down with'.

Incidentally, I remember the ANL claiming, in the early 90s, that they were going to defend the Pakistanis in Luton from BNP attacks, which is absolutely hilarious, as 1) they were quite capable of looking after themselves and certainly didn't want a bunch of 'bird shits' stepping in and trying to turn their daily hassles into political mileage 2) the BNP were literally too scared to assemble in areas like Bury Park, despite endless banter about taking out the mosque 3) the ANL had virtually no presence in Luton (or the real bonehead hang-outs, Dunstable and Houghton Regis), but they did a roaring trade in Primo Levi books and 'Why Trotsky still matters' pamphlets in St Albans.

Anyway, I'm shit at political theorising, so I'll zip it.

D

droid

I think he got particularly offended because he was a fairly active member of the SWP controlled Irish Anti-war Movement.

Anyway - back to the original topic! Anyone seen this breakdown of the BNP list by occupation?

nazi+pie.jpg

Like all fascist organisations they get the most support from the Police and security services...

Last edited by a moderator:

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Droid:

Like all fascist organisations they get the most support from the Police and security services...

deeply worrying.

anecdotally, i used to know (of) a fair few bouncers at my old uni student union bars who were, er, this way inclined.

i'm wondering what exactly "security professionals" in this instance means.
private security guards and such?

do DMS door-people and the like describe themselves as "security professional" these days?

i'm not trying to sound belittling to bouncers, it's clearly a hard job and most, i'm sure, do great work.
just a genuine question.
i can't think it means too many members of - cough - the Service?

(i feel honour-bound to add i have a bouncer friend in Manchester who is an MDC supporter and arrived here from Bulawayo. Lancastrian piss-artists are easy to deal with after Soweto shebeens..)

john eden

male pale and stale
7% artists though! What the fuck is that about?

Seems feasible to me - some musicians, that ballet dancer, some people who make pots and sell them at craft fairs, some boho doleys with delusions of grandeur. Maybe a few retired colonels who do water colours?

7% isn't really very much is it?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
in a strange sort of way, that the public sector is the smallest of the known categories, sort of cheers me. (dumb phrasing i know.)

but yeah as Droid pointed out, nearly 1 in 3 of the fuckers, in a job authorised to use force. (i'm not making any conspiracy-leaps from that statement, BTW.)

on a slightly related topic, 'Brief Comments on Futurism & Fascism', from a blog i saw.

D

droid

Seems feasible to me - some musicians, that ballet dancer, some people who make pots and sell them at craft fairs, some boho doleys with delusions of grandeur. Maybe a few retired colonels who do water colours?

7% isn't really very much is it?

They all sound like the types who'd be second against the wall...