zomby - where were u in 92?

Shonx

Shallow House
yes this is true, good to get the energy levels up, plus it's got plenty of hip hop / early house energy in it too as well as rave bits. It's good to hear a hip hop accapella over tough housey beats.

If you like that sort of stuff, you should check out the Solid Trunk ep by Bird Peterson - Wu Tang, Mos Def and Biggie over some wonky house shenanigans - Fat Booty is hilarious

Shonx

Shallow House
http://rapidshare.com/files/8094325...ve_From_Hamburg_Dec__07__192kbps_MP3.zip.html

The Duke Dumont mix as promised

1) Synth Intro w/Deadset- Keep Quiet
2) John Tejada & Justin Maxwell- Higher
3) Michal Ho- Screw the Coffeemaker
4) Elite Force- Used & Abused (Zodiac Cartel Remix)
5) Workidz- Work It
6) Deepgroove & Jaime Anderson- D-Con (Duke Dumont-Live From Brooklyn Remix)
7) Modeselektor -Black Block
8) Audion- Just Fucking (Roman Flugel-23 Position In A 1 Night Stand Remix)
9) Marc Houle- Techno Vocals
10) Duke Dumont- Lean & Bounce
11) Solid Groove- This Is Sick (Duke Dumont "Synth & Bounce" Edit)
12) Elite Force- You (Perc Dub)
13) Len Faki- My Black Sheep (Radio Slave Remix)
14) Cabo San Roque- Calypso 08 (Luciano Remix)
15) Modeselektor- The First Rebirth
16) Mr Oizo- 144

Had to emphasise that Len Faki tune - that mix is stupidly good

Shonx

Shallow House
I was just leaving a metal phase and getting into grunge. Heroin or ecstacy music - wrong choice :(

Pestario

tell your friends
I was in the Australian outback, western New South Wales. ('New South Wales' is one of the most contrived names for a place, why not the whole of Wales? No, we can only have a new version of the south bit :slanted:)

urbanite

subnoto
I must've been in Volgograd (ex-Stalingrad) at the time... i was 9... mmm... yeah I don't think I knew much about music that existed outside of the USSR... just the typical 70s rock stuff, that my dad would've just brought back home from the first trip abroad :)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I was in the Australian outback, western New South Wales. ('New South Wales' is one of the most contrived names for a place, why not the whole of Wales? No, we can only have a new version of the south bit :slanted:)

'In the journal covering his survey of the eastern coast of the Australian continent, Cook first named the east coast of Australia "New Wales", which he later corrected in his journal to "New South Wales".' Don't argue with the Cook. Even though it does appear to be the decision of a man suffering from mental 'fatigue'.

I was probably listening to 'Copper Blue' in '92.

Rather brilliant 91/92 era oldskool mix from word the cat,posted this after he/she done a short review for Zomby's album

http://www.wordthecat.com/goku/

http://www.wordthecat.com/images/sub_base_mix.mp3

M&M Featuring Rachel Wallace - I Feel This Way (The Beefed Up Mix) (4:25)
Timebase - Unity (4:29)
Mad Ragga Jon - So Good (3:34)
Rachel Wallace - Tell Me Why (Full Vocal Mix) (4:20)
Q Bass - Hardcore Will Never Die (Telepathic Mix) (4:07)
Krome & Time - This Sound Is For The Underground (3:42)
Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era - Far Out (4:31)
Phuture Assasins - Future Sound (2 Bad Mice Remix) (5:27)
D’Cruze Featuring Rachel Wallace - Life (Hands To Heaven) (Remix) (4:48)
Krome & Time - The Slammer (5:51)
Q Bass - Funky Hardcore (DJ Hype Remix) (4:27)
DJ Hype - Weird Energy (Hell’s Bells Mix) (6:46)
Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era - Bust Dat Groove
Austin - Unity In Dub (Stop-Go Mix) (4:50)
Q Bass - Deepa (NRG Remix) (4:34)
D’Cruze - Want You Now (DJ SS & EQ Remix) (4:39)

I was 18 and missed Castlemorton due to A-Levels. Yeah, I know, sell-out.
I missed Fantazia at Castle Donington, which was all of 3 miles from home, due to a lads holiday in Corfu, which included a booze cruise run by techno cockneys to still-behind-the-Iron-Curtain Albania. Or so they told us.

Spent the summer taking pills and acid, misbehaving, listening to hardcore, techno and what used to be called 'alternative', in the cosmopolitan backwater of the E. Midlands.

Went to the Universe Time Machine rave near Bath, which was an eye-opener, and only about 2 weeks before 'going up to Oxford', as you have to call it, only to find that rave had not really penetrated the minds of the supposedly gilded youth of Britain, where everyone I meet seemed hung up on fucking U2 and Nirvana, waiting for Radiohead to turn up. I spent a lot of the weekends of that first term at Birmingham University, which was much more kicking. But I met like minds back in Oxford eventually and it got better, much better. Ended '92 living for Prism and Spectrum on alternate Friday nights at the Venue in Cowley Road, pilled up with some of the best people I'll ever meet and never happier. Looked like this:
spectrum_4.jpg

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
This is a bit random but does anyone know if Zomby used to be a graf writer? There used to be a lot of dubs (simple silver letter pieces) on the tracksides of West London with the same spelling of "Zomby" . Is it the same guy?

mms

sometimes
This is a bit random but does anyone know if Zomby used to be a graf writer? There used to be a lot of dubs (simple silver letter pieces) on the tracksides of West London with the same spelling of "Zomby" . Is it the same guy?

nah zomby's not a londoner