zomby - where were u in 92?

ether

the graf zombie is part of dds i think, a fairly prolific crew in london, I dont think their the same person.

nochexxx

harco pronting
i don't suppose anyone can point me towards a working dl link of zomby's radio one essential hyperdub mix? that would be well appreciated.

mms

sometimes
not sure why everyones mad on this album, his other output is far superior - that 'rumours' one sided ep and the forthcoming zomby double pack are stunning new sounding music, this is more of a smash and grab ting.

mos dan

fact music
not sure why everyones mad on this album, his other output is far superior - that 'rumours' one sided ep and the forthcoming zomby double pack are stunning new sounding music, this is more of a smash and grab ting.

yeah this is very much my feeling as well (see my fact review upthread somewhere..?) - it's a fun listen, but it's not his greatest work by a long shot, and, well, it's a sarcastic concept album, is my official line.. ;)

tom lea

speaking of rumours, is it just me whose copy of it sounds well fucking flat? such a tune, but my pressing's gash.

audiofelch

for some duff reason my copy cuts out at the end rather abruptly. great tune though.

its a rough pressing indeed. the bass seems to clip. awesome tune though... though a number of my friends thought it a mighty boosh jungle episode soundtrack.. an image i can't shake, frustratingly.

bassnation

the abyss
yes this is true, good to get the energy levels up, plus it's got plenty of hip hop / early house energy in it too as well as rave bits. It's good to hear a hip hop accapella over tough housey beats.

loving this thread, turning me on to new stuff. i loved the zomby lp - don't think its disposable at all, bearing in mind a lot of people wrote off rave as just that - purely functional and anonymous music. in reality its proved to be anything but - in my life anyway.

mos dan

fact music
silver rizla ftw. the only problem with his 1min40 tunes is the pavlovian need to rewind the mp3 player each and every time :)

Dusty

Tone deaf
I love the album, but hate everything else Zomby has produced. Is there something wrong with me?

mms

sometimes
I love the album, but hate everything else Zomby has produced. Is there something wrong with me?

def as this album is the worst stuff hes done imo.
The dubsteppy stuff he's done is sick. esp the hyperdub double pack

Dusty

Tone deaf
I must be losing touch with dubstep then, because I thought it was the worst release Hyperdub have put out.