Trillhouse

In a way I found Double Cup was a similar kind of experience as listening to an AraabMuzik album.

I liked it though, and an more than happy for footwork to try on whatever styles it wants to. It's not surprising that considering he's on a UK based label that his sound is moving in that direction. I imagine he's still making raw footwork trax for the battle but they're just a separate thing. Spinn & Rashad have said previously the tracks put out by UK labels weren't necessarily the ones they would've chosen.

Trillhouse

I really like some of his stuff, but that D&B tune is terrible
That's the thing, he has some great trax - stuff that fits well with the Teklife sound but is destinctive and different enough to be identifiable as DjEarl, something that maybe to with the fact that he uses a DAW and not an MPC for production. But he also releases some real stinkers, which'll make you think he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

I wonder if his dnb tune sounds to us, what all this European juke sounds like to Chicargo dudes.

Trillhouse

meh, doubt it fam. earl, phil, tmo etc have definitely been dropping this one recently at least...
I didn't mean in the sense that they thought it was all terrible. Most of the footwork producers seem pretty open and positive to outsiders taking on their sound from what I've heard.
The Earl track had all the elements of a dnb style track but it didn't sound right (I don't know quite how you quantify it, personally I didn't think it was awful, just not great). Plenty of people have noted the lukewarmness of things like Addison Groove and some other UK takes on the sound. It's possible that there could be some parallel. It's not important tho. Just musing on the possibilities of this exchange of culture.

chow11

if anyone is interested theres a bunch of old footwork tracks on this ringtone website:
http://www.myxer.com/artist/ringtones/3990451/

im pretty sure its impossible to download the whole tracks in full quality. i was able to download the whole tracks by copying them from the browser cache but they are in 32kbps so its not really worth it. however you can listen the full quality clips, theres a ton of them and they all seem to be unheard except for a few, some are dj nate tracks. they are all from that era though of the footwork "golden age" during the mid 2000s when it seemed like there was a bunch of young producers making really strange tracks, that you really dont see now. some of them are incredibly noisy and sound like they were from a mix cd. i really wish i could figure out how to download the full quality tracks, ive never seen them anywhere else on the internet.

selaone

if anyone is interested theres a bunch of old footwork tracks on this ringtone website:
http://www.myxer.com/artist/ringtones/3990451/

im pretty sure its impossible to download the whole tracks in full quality. i was able to download the whole tracks by copying them from the browser cache but they are in 32kbps so its not really worth it. however you can listen the full quality clips, theres a ton of them and they all seem to be unheard except for a few, some are dj nate tracks. they are all from that era though of the footwork "golden age" during the mid 2000s when it seemed like there was a bunch of young producers making really strange tracks, that you really dont see now. some of them are incredibly noisy and sound like they were from a mix cd. i really wish i could figure out how to download the full quality tracks, ive never seen them anywhere else on the internet.

dude!!!! made an account just to reply to this. i recently found this also and would like it if i could still have these in 32k. i have some of these tracks in HQ, but same as you said, with most of these, some i haven't heard, and i have tried a bunch of different methods to get full versions in better quality (to no avail)

please let me know if you have any luck!

also if no one mentioned my juke/footwork compilations in this thread:

selaone

Re: ringtones

Through the power of bash I give you:

:)

was super excited but all url's give an 'ip _______ InternalErrorunhandled exception' error and i'm sure the ip included isn't mine (i assume it's yours)
am i doing something wrong?

ughhughg i really want meet me by the speakers jo

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
Sorry about that, didn't realise the urls were ip and date specific.

Running the original script -

http://sprunge.us/QDFU

in a terminal (if you have a mac, it should be terminal.app.. windows, good luck :( ) will get you the URL list. On a mac should be as easy as entering:

curl http://sprunge.us/QDFU | bash

into terminal.app (after checking the script first)!

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Trillhouse

You can just right click and open the HTML source code and find the mp3 URL that way. But I didn't see any full tracks on the site after having a quick look, just 40 second low rate clips.

Why not message the dude who upped them to the site and ask him for the mp3s?

selaone

You can just right click and open the HTML source code and find the mp3 URL that way. But I didn't see any full tracks on the site after having a quick look, just 40 second low rate clips.

Why not message the dude who upped them to the site and ask him for the mp3s?

sniffer addons only find the previews too
i think that'd be hard to do as i don't think murda makes music anymore (could be wrong though)