rosebeast

Every time I check in on this thread I can't contain my excitement...seriously this stuff has been some of my favorite music for a long time. I live in an apt in NYC with a bunch of Chicago natives who blast this stuff out 24/7...one of the guys is actually writing a college essay at the moment comparing juke with the music of Omar Souleyman which has been pretty interesting talking to him about that.

Seriously psyched for this DJ Nate/Planet Mu hook up. I would love to release some of this stuff on my own label some time in the future. I'm looking into it now, and trying to find out how best to reach out to certain individuals.

Oh, Drilla it would be awesome if i could get in on that imeem folder you're making.

gumdrops

since checking out the mixes in this thread, this is prob my favourite 'new' music.
i kinda want it to stay obscure though, rather than have the aaron la crates and diplos 'introduce' it to a wider audience.

Amicose

I'd love to get on that imeem folder too. I've got a little folder I can share, hastily made last September before a long international journey when I just found out about some of the mad leaps this music's taking - so some of it's freely available mp3s, some of it's stuff that's been key tot he development of this thread. I have to cut some long gaps off the end of some files but I'll try to post it tommorrow.

mms

sometimes
since checking out the mixes in this thread, this is prob my favourite 'new' music.
i kinda want it to stay obscure though, rather than have the aaron la crates and diplos 'introduce' it to a wider audience.

dj nate album soon come on planet mu!!!!!!

nnazem

Question for PLanet Mu People

yooooo, rashad, spinn, tameil, and dee square are gonna be doin a show in brooklyn this friday. Any Planet Mu people interested in either co-dj'in, or wanna help promote the event? I got money!!!

rosebeast

yooooo, rashad, spinn, tameil, and dee square are gonna be doin a show in brooklyn this friday. Any Planet Mu people interested in either co-dj'in, or wanna help promote the event? I got money!!!

I'm totally going to this!

4linehaiku

Repetitive
FaltyDL maybe? He's on Planet Mu & in New York. Could probably hook you up with somebody relevant at least, though I think he'd look pretty good on that lineup!

I'll see what Twitter has to say on the matter.

tom lea

i dont really know shit about juke except the really obvious tunes that everyone knows, but the deeon mix of 'hope its u' on girl unit's palms out mix is pretty close to heaven. so cold and mechanical w/ the drums and so warm on the synths n vocal, it's like when you smoke mdma and get pulled both ways at once.

carmen

 
you've obviously been in the dark about what we've been doing for years.

joining last.fm 5 yrs ago, i got pissed i couldnt find anyone i wanted to add tastewise. then i came across an account (Bok Bok) that had all sorts of b'mo/chicago house weird philly soul funk shit srs helpings of Ruff Sqwad and Sun Ra..

alex

Do not read this.
this music is literally all I have been listening to on the pod. It makes other genres seem so boring! lol

The thing is though when I want to share my delight with some friends and pass them a headphone etc, they look at me as if I have just shown them a picture of their slaughtered family.

To the people saying 'f-hipsters/6 month fad' etc.. upthread, I don't think you have got anything to worry about.. the majority of London isnt ready...

alex

Do not read this.
this music is literally all I have been listening to on the pod. It makes other genres seem so boring! lol

The thing is though when I want to share my delight with some friends and pass them a headphone etc, they look at me as if I have just shown them a picture of their slaughtered family.

To the people saying 'f-hipsters/6 month fad' etc.. upthread, I don't think you have got anything to worry about.. the majority of London isnt ready...

alex

Do not read this.