nnazem

The man who remixed that Roy Ayers track would be DJ Manny.

http://www.myspace.com/123456hotg

yet again, he took off his tracks because people were stealing his tracks, and pretending they made em.

you're lucky as hell i decided to check this board right before we take a ride to NY!!!!!

While I'm out there, hard drives will be gathered, tracks will be put online, and fun will be had by aaaallllllllll.

staypuft

bwah bwah
DJ_ROC_-_THE_CRACK_ALBUM_-_MIXED.mp3 - 110.33MB

Here's a dj roc mix i assembled from individual streaming tracks on imeem.

the unmixed tracks will be in the big pack

*edit - to be clear they were already mixed but separated tracks on imeem, and i merely stitched them back together in audacity

which is being uploaded now and will be ready later tonight or tomorrow

this is incredible, thanks! very lo-fi bedroomy and sorrowful.

4NR

seems worth documenting a few tunes with a kind of juke flavor to them....both awesome, too

(first track)

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
We are already in the planning stages of a footwurk compilation. But it takes a lot more time and effort convincing lots of artists who've never even heard of releasing vinyl.. and more money to do, than a single artist album, which is why... i mean, it took over a year to get hold of nate... (to get an answer from him - via a teacher at his school in the end) so first thing i asked was to do an album with him, but now we have ways in to dj tha pope, yung tellem and loads more. i just wanna get this nate thing wrapped up 1st.

Out to you for all the effort. I won't even try putting into words how much I'm looking forward to footwerk/juke releases on µ.
c.

jimitheexploder

dj rashad - better my space>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Gotta agree. When that clicky rim shot sound drops in the last half it goes from raw and relentless to kind of euphoric. Just that one set of clicks kill it. It just keeps looping and draws you in just for that shot to give you that release you crave through the track.

petergunn

plywood violin
The man who remixed that Roy Ayers track would be DJ Manny.

http://www.myspace.com/123456hotg

yet again, he took off his tracks because people were stealing his tracks, and pretending they made em.

you're lucky as hell i decided to check this board right before we take a ride to NY!!!!!

While I'm out there, hard drives will be gathered, tracks will be put online, and fun will be had by aaaallllllllll.

r u guys spinning anywhere in nyc?

drilla

Sorry all, I tried uploading the archive to megaupload but it failed, gonna be another few hours (assuming it works this time). If it's no good I'll make a torrent I suppose.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Where can I hear 'better my space'?

Typed it into youtube and came up with this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Something has clicked , Im definitely listening too and enjoying more of this stuff lately.

I enjoy watching people dance just as much as listening to the music too.

This little kid is serious.

synaptic

Global multinuum
seems worth documenting a few tunes with a kind of juke flavor to them....both awesome, too

(first track)

It doesn’t feel like juke at all for me, but this is the first dubstep related track that I’ve heard using a distinct juke rhythmic pattern almost 2 years ago. Free download here.
BTW does this rhythmic pattern (tom gallop) have an ‘official’ name within or outside the juke scene? Does anyone know some examples of its use in other genres? It sounds familiar somehow…

Last edited:

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
I enjoy watching people dance just as much as listening to the music too.

This little kid is serious.

hah, the kiddo killed all of em. wikkid.

Out to the footworkers, tings wouldn't exist this extreme without 'em.
dood's move at 0:25 is unreal:
The sample is cheesy as, but some of the best speed up & stutter drums I've heard in the bginning, kinda drifiting into more traditional slugo juke kicks on the 4th bar...
Does anyone know what what & who on that one ?

c.

staypuft

bwah bwah
I'm always for cross-pollination in music, anytime. I love footcrab and the girl unit tracks and such. but I do just want to say that the most inspiring part about juke / footwork (for me) is how it's evolved to this point with very little awareness or regard for other genres (edit: I'm referring mainly to the 'nuum - obviously the current chicago stuff is the direct descendent of house, ghetto house, etc and is heavily influenced by hip hop). I'm under the impression that in general, juke is a constructive, creative solution to the rampant chicago violence (if this isn't the case, do let me know), which somehow arrived at a incredibly similar sonic place to where the rest of the world is at in regard to electronic dance music, ie. if not post-dubstep, then at least dubstep... whose roots lie in aimless suburban kids seeking an outlet for their boredom & prodigious skills. maybe that sounds a bit simon reynolds-ish, but the story behind juke defo does hold significance for me.

from this point on it looks like it's gonna be real fun with all the musical mutations and whatnot.. but the above is my reasoning behind why I want the chicago heads to get their due, which is what I'm working towards in San Francisco. I already hosted Slugo - which was amazing - and will be hosting Headhunter next month to connect the dots for folks out here, and am working on a monthly where I can host Rashad, Spinn, etc. one by one. this thread has been ground zero for everything juke for me - many many thanks!

Last edited:

4NR

I'm always for cross-pollination in music, anytime. I love footcrab and the girl unit tracks and such. but I do just want to say that the most inspiring part about juke / footwork (for me) is how it's evolved to this point with very little awareness or regard for other genres.

Juke evolved directly from house and I think Neema mentioned a few pages back that some producers involved still consider themselves as house producers. I'd be careful about saying it's isolated from other genres-- the isolation is more likely on your (and until a year or so ago, my) part, not on juke's end. But otherwise I agree with your post.