Damien

I much prefer the wierd ambient shit that wouldn't go down well in clubs to the more banging shit I must say

gumdrops

whats an example of the weirder ambient shit?

i found this old comp on amazon -
theres a vol 2 too.
id shell out for it if u i could find a cd. not paying $8 for mp3s.

Damien

The DJ Elmoe tracks a few pages back.

Less banging club sounds and more wtf!

When I'm sorting through the tracks I would like to put in a mix I'm finding the tracks that I wouldn't put in the mix are the tracks I like the best, if that makes sense

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Juke experts

5:54 - anyone know what this tune is? ''Spend that dough in the studio'' or something...

Was listening to a jungle mix last night and it struck me how there's a similarity between the way you get these little snare/hi hat ticks (probably nicking a reynolds term there) that are made to flail your limbs to and the beats in juke that are obviously made with moving your feet fast in mind... Bit of an obvious observation I suppose.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
P.S. cheers drilla for those elmoe tunes, wicked stuff...

I wonder what juke producers make tunes on? I suppose whatever it is, its heavy on the samples.

soul_pill

I spoke to Nate this morning, and he told me he used fruityloops for all the footwork tracks. A lot of the others sound like fruityloops too, dj elmoe, trouble, rp boo, dj diamond have that same sound. Rashad and Traxxman sound like they are using something more professional... reason? cubase? who knows.

nnazem

A Few Responses

That track at 5:54 is In the Studio by DJ Spinn. It's gonna be released on Murderbot's label soon.

And Fruity Loops is used by some, but a lot of people stay clear and far away from that shit. Spinn & Rashad only use MPC 2000's, and 2500's. Clent uses a 1000, RP BOO uses some crazy ass Roland, Traxman uses a ASR-10, or MPC-3000.

And I showed this thread to Rashad last night...he got so pissed off that he decided to release a whole bunch for free. A lot of the guys stopped putting up tracks on youtube, imeem, and even myspace because they were tired of people ripping their tracks, but now, we see the problem with not releasing stuff...people outside of Chicago who don't have access to the parties, and mixtapes don't know that people like DJ Young Tell Em ain't really shit out here. So congratulations people, you're going to get a whollllle bunch of music of the ghetto tekz for free.

gumdrops

that almost seems a shame.
they deserve to make some money from this.
and it seems too easy to just get yet MORE tracks for free.

wise

bare BARE BONES
that almost seems a shame.
they deserve to make some money from this.
and it seems too easy to just get yet MORE tracks for free.

I've bought plenty of Rashad tracks, will buy plenty more, but not gonna pass up some free uns

alex

Do not read this.
by the way @nnazem you are incredible

edit** and just to add that dj nate mix is fucking crack man.. so much crack...

Now might be the right time to say after managing to contact him a couple months ago we (Planet Mu) are releasing a DJ Nate 'footwurk traks' album this autumn.... any track requests/suggestions?

Haters are motivation please

also those creation vs wolf pac vid's are slightly sped up in places i think

Last edited:

nnazem

Tune that starts at 4m15s... pure gold.

Can anyone id?

Man, just ask me, I shot the damn video! Thats a Spinn track thats gonna be on vinyl in like 3 months. I believe he called it Cali Dope, but it don't matta, cuz you're not gonna hear it for three months anyways! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

drilla

DJ_ROC_-_THE_CRACK_ALBUM_-_MIXED.mp3 - 110.33MB

Here's a dj roc mix i assembled from individual streaming tracks on imeem.

the unmixed tracks will be in the big pack

*edit - to be clear they were already mixed but separated tracks on imeem, and i merely stitched them back together in audacity

which is being uploaded now and will be ready later tonight or tomorrow

DJ Roc - Intro
DJ Roc - The King
DJ Roc - Don't Get Boxed Out
DJ Roc - Let Me Go
DJ Roc - Put Any Nigga In Check
DJ Roc - This Shit Here Nigga
DJ Roc - Mix
DJ Roc - Won't U Take Me 4 A Spin Out
DJ Roc - Track What That Neck Do
DJ Roc - Hustler's Ambition
DJ Roc - Another Mix