Client Eastwood

Question, do you guys think the presence of juke could bring a revival of jazz fusion dance?

See the first few pages in this thread where I posted some jazz dancers. There's the same sort of focus on fast footwork on both styles. I knew a couple of jazz dancers bitd and send them some links. Apart from them getting into their early 40's they reckon they could do battle.

That would be a hell of night tho' footwork v jazz dance.

alex

Do not read this.
mike thank you so much for including that Dj Diamond track 'ready mother fucker' fucking unbelievable tune..so good to hear it in crisp, high quality too...that pitched down clap is the best of 2010

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Way back when this thread started I was blown away by this shit. My attention for it faded a little but now I've become completely consumed by it. Not sure if it's been posted already but this video is incredible, dripping with vibe. All the beats are on fire (begins with Spinn's moody '2020'), as is AG's footworking (guy in the dark brown tee):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

nnazem

Way back when this thread started I was blown away by this shit. My attention for it faded a little but now I've become completely consumed by it. Not sure if it's been posted already but this video is incredible, dripping with vibe. All the beats are on fire (begins with Spinn's moody '2020'), as is AG's footworking (guy in the dark brown tee):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i never get tired of watching this video, and i recorded the damn thing!

Ach!

Turd on the Run
It's fucking live! I'd love to witness one of these things first hand. Do you know the track at 2mins or so that AG comes on to?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Question, do you guys think the presence of juke could bring a revival of jazz fusion dance?

I don't think so in the UK; the jazz dancing scene isn't kinda there yet I don't think. It would depend on how much Giles Peterson took up juke as a music and started to play it, and I don't think it's musical enough for him to do that.

The UK isn't as dance based as the US, so the dance people tend to be kinda out on there own, and the youth based dance is created from community funded hip hop based movements at the moment; it was one of the criticisms of grime that I heard is that it didn't have the five element base, though there is a grime theatre going on at the moment.

That being said I don't want to hex it with negation, it would be great to see more people dancing in the UK.