mms

sometimes
yeah it would be great to see people caring about the act of dancing here, hopefully this could have a positive effect, dancing was more important pre-rave, now people kinda shrug about drunkenly.

edit: weirdly just bumped into an old mate who i haven't seen for years and is an amazing dancer so if i see him when spinn and that play in london, i'll bring him along, he might be a bit too old for it all though now.

Last edited:

dave quam

AG (Terra Squad, Legends Click, LOTNS, one of the best footworkers in Chicago) has been to Europe before, I believe in France and Italy, but I don't think the UK. I think he's been there a few times.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Where's the best places to download footwork tunes? Boomkat, Juno and Bleep have some but not a huge amount. Also are there any plans for more Ghettophiles vinyl releases?

mms

sometimes
there isn't much around but i''m sure there will be soon - bleep have lots of dancemania catalogue and the ghettotechnitians stuff plus the planet mu releases too!

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
What I feel someone needs to do with this stuff is release a DVD, Lord Of The Mics (Lord Of The Floor?) style.

God, I'd pay 15 quid for a well produced DVD, like a shot, a total no-brainer purchase!

mms

sometimes
What I feel someone needs to do with this stuff is release a DVD, Lord Of The Mics (Lord Of The Floor?) style.

God, I'd pay 15 quid for a well produced DVD, like a shot, a total no-brainer purchase!

well walcam does this online via youtube.
i'd pay £15 quid for nicely put together walacam dvd with a comp cd.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
YouTube is fine, but what I want is someone who knows what's what to do a great selection of dances for me, and to provide a few interviews and stuff which map out the scene.

That was the great thing about the Grime DVDs, they were like a map of the city and the scene.

soul_pill

There are a lot of dvds i've heard of out there in chicago... but they are as hard to get hold of for outsiders as the tracks themselves. just a quick search reveals:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

dave quam

Slugo put out some DVDs that I think you can get from Gramaphone's website (well you could not long ago). It's mostly party footage and shit though. The only other one I know of is the Footworkkingz dvd, at least on the "official" tip.

AZIZA

FOR THE EU FOOTWORK MANDEM>>>>>>>>>
DJ SPINN (GhettoTeknitianz) REACH 4 UK AND EU

October 15: Bristol, UK
October 16: AVAILABLE
October 20: The Hague, Netherlands
October 21: AVAILABLE
October 22: AVAILABLE
October 23: Elevate Festival (Graz, Austria)
October 27: Berlin, Germany
October 28: Sheffield, UK
October 31: London, UK

nnazem

There are a lot of dvds i've heard of out there in chicago... but they are as hard to get hold of for outsiders as the tracks themselves. just a quick search reveals:

On one of my to-do lists is actually meeting up with a lot of the heads of groups, back in the day, as well as today from all over town, and create a documentary. I know a lot of the guys in the Footworkingz personally, but the dvd is a lil skewed I must say.

And the Slug DVD has some cool footage, but a lot of inaccuracies/hidden agendas as well.

nnazem

Oh yeah, to the person who asked whether I have some upcoming releases. I should have some 30 second previews, album covers, and release dates within the next 2 days. :)

BTW, I've been talking to Snowboy a lot, and he's gotten a lot of us jukenstein's addicted to the Broken Beat scene. I know of a few people who I consider Broken Beat like Floating Points, Bugz In The Attic, and Oriol, but is the scene still as big as it used to be?

And I know a lot of people here associate the juke scene with a breakcore/jungle/dnb vibe, but do you think there are any similarities at all to the broken beat scene? I know the BPM is the main issue, but I hear broken beat, and I hear something that most producers would probably sample, haha. Let me know what you guys think.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
Sounds like junglists starting to listen US garage or grime heads starting to listen US house (and making their own version of them). Perhaps juke heads will make their own ghettoized take on broken beat ;)

Damien

It doesn't surprise me that Diplo is taking Juke influences

As regards the Spinn Available dates, that makes me very tempted to try and put something together, would be amazing to get a date in Newcastle

MK-ULTRA

diplo...
MATTHEW%20LILLARD%20BIGMjU4MQ==.jpg

skweeelicious!

bass downstairs
that's the best ive heard and seen in years. amazing

edit: and a bit smarter than i thought it was, apparently discusses forced circumcision in south africa
yeah it's stunning.

these two two are low budget but are also quite brilliant, in fact i've been watching them obsessively.
diplo is not involved in these - beats are by their regular beat creater dj hitek - and they are top-notch.