Excellent words and phrases

petergunn

plywood violin
I first heard cantankerous in a early dancehall tune way back cant remember the singer or title atm but it was something along the lines of 'anytime we come we come cantankerous, nicer than a coffee inna thermos' oh there was a dangerous in there too . . . depleted brain cells hold tight.

Courtney Melody "bad boy"

viktorvaughn

Tawdry (from tawdry lace) - a contraction of St. Audrey's lace, with reference to Saint Audrey or Æthelthryth/Æðelþryð (d. 679), an Anglo-Saxon saint in whose honour a fair was held.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
'grimey' (love it as an adjective), especially in a London accent.

any usage of old-school English words in a new school context (as mentioned above, cantankerous is a great example). Annoyingly I can't think of any right now, but 'preposterous' would be one I'd love to kick start, as in "that tune is preposterous, blud", or something similar.

Last edited:

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
cylence (n) - the state of being when all sound except that of your computer monitor becomes background noise.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A mate of mine coined 'internetual': someone who knows lots of stuff from reading about it on Wikipedia.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Flamboast (from the hyphy lexicon)

Modelling (in the JA sense of showing off) is nice.

Ghostride [the whip].

Bay Area slang is the deepest slang there is. I like it even more than grime slang - and that is saying something. Although, they do lack the convention in grime vernacular of stretching the context of a slang term, that at first made vague sense, into something that makes no sense at all and hardly has a definable meaning anymore. This is one of my favourite things about grimespeak. "Shower" is a good example of this. Shower Curtain.

viktorvaughn

Bay Area slang is the deepest slang there is. I like it even more than grime slang - and that is saying something. Although, they do lack the convention in grime vernacular of stretching the context of a slang term, that at first made vague sense, into something that makes no sense at all and hardly has a definable meaning anymore. This is one of my favourite things about grimespeak. "Shower" is a good example of this. Shower Curtain.

It's a par...digan.