Excellent words and phrases

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
does anyone other than bounty killer do this?

Off the top of my head, Supa Cat on Boops (prob my personal favourite example) and Top Cat on Congo Natty - Champion DJ. I'm sure I've heard others though. Bounty Killer perhaps makes it more of a regular catchpharase than others. Donaeo - Party Hard would be a notable recent non-dancehall example.

viktorvaughn

I quite like phrases including a nationality, especially if the refernece is oblique or ironic -

dutch courage
french letters
isn't a glasgow kiss getting slashed in the mouth or something?

any more...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Chelsea smile is similar (and that is being slashed at the corners of the mouth I think) as is Glasgow salad.
Columbian necktie is another.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That's cool, how would it be used?

Eisntein had a huge problem with the implication that quantum mechanics was a 'non-local' theory, meaning that if two particles are prepared in an entangled state then a measurement made on one particle will cause the wave-function of the other particle to collapse simultaneously, even if the two particles are separated by some (potentially large) distance. This, according to some interpretations, would violate causality by propagating a signal faster than light - since in special relativity, something travelling faster than light is effectively travelling back in time. Eisntein's phrase was intended to dismiss this non-locality as hokum, hence 'spooky'.

Interestingly, subsequent experiments have shown that the universe really is non-local. However, there is a constraint on this non-locality, specifically that it is impossible to send any kind of information across such a channel. So faster-than-light communication is not allowed and causality is ultimately respected.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha, has anyone seen today's featured article on Wikipedia? I'd love to imagine some kids in a school computer room going onto Wiki for some research for a project, and the howls of scandalised delight as they saw that...

viktorvaughn

Eisntein had a huge problem with the implication that quantum mechanics was a 'non-local' theory, meaning that if two particles are prepared in an entangled state then a measurement made on one particle will cause the wave-function of the other particle to collapse simultaneously, even if the two particles are separated by some (potentially large) distance. This, according to some interpretations, would violate causality by propagating a signal faster than light - since in special relativity, something travelling faster than light is effectively travelling back in time. Eisntein's phrase was intended to dismiss this non-locality as hokum, hence 'spooky'.

Interestingly, subsequent experiments have shown that the universe really is non-local. However, there is a constraint on this non-locality, specifically that it is impossible to send any kind of information across such a channel. So faster-than-light communication is not allowed and causality is ultimately respected.

Interesting..