anti-BNP tactical vote for English folk on June 4th

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i mean, heck, all those placards looked like they were in the same writing style

In fact it's almost the same handwriting as whoever writes out the Evening Standard headlines for the billboards the vendors display.

The plot thickens...

alex

Do not read this.
hi Guys,

Havent really read into this alot, (not really much of a politcs fan, go politics yay!)

However, I am so against the BNP it is unreal & to think that my grandad actually voted for them makes me sick (he got a rollocking from me, believe) however, I can see why, as they appeal to the older generation of ignorance more (imo) than the younger, as the younger generation of that level of ignorance can barely lift there hand to dial the number to Jeremy Kyle as they are desperate to find out who little 'Bacardi's father is.

The Tory's & Labour might aswell be 1 party, as the left & right has just merged into one central photo oppertunity (imo) and that whole expenses scandal has just shown how fickle even the major members of each party are. So they are both out.

Lib Dems, pshh...

Who else is there?

john eden

male pale and stale
The Tory's & Labour might aswell be 1 party, as the left & right has just merged into one central photo oppertunity (imo) and that whole expenses scandal has just shown how fickle even the major members of each party are. So they are both out.

Lib Dems, pshh...

Who else is there?

Quite!

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
There was a piece in the Observer I think a coupla weeks ago where the interviewer asks Harriet Harman whether she thinks there should be a 'None Of The Above' section instigated on all voting forms in the light of recent 'scandals'. It was such a priceless question.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
as the younger generation of that level of ignorance can barely lift there hand to dial the number to Jeremy Kyle as they are desperate to find out who little 'Bacardi's father is.

Ahahaha. :)

Edit: predictable, boring Lib Dem from me. Because they're not Labour, or Tories, or BNP, or UKIP, or Respect, or Christian Alliance, or English Bolsheviks or whatever the fuck...

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
There were loads of Independents on my ballot paper and I was like, "who the fuck are these people??" I'd not heard of or from any one of them at any point over the last 3 months. I don't expect these people to organise sweeping door-to-door campaign teams or anything, but if you're putting your name forward then at least knock out a bloody leaflet or something. People are desperate for options, for goodness sake. How can I vote for somebody when I have absolutely no idea who he is or why or what he's standing for? Baffling.

Whenever I look at ballot papers, I get depressed by the amount of cranks around. Tonight, in Vauxhall, we had a good range: The Christian Alliance, BNP, Arthur Scargill's new party, UKIP, English Democrats, and, of course, the anti-stem cell, pro-holistic medicine Greens. And loads of Independents who may or may not be cranks, but no one actually knows. Maybe I should be pleased that they're not shoving themselves in my face.

I put my X for Labour, but in despair.

craner

Beast of Burden
This is the clip which is now, thankfully, becoming more known, but it's still worth showing to as many people as possible. As well as the details, the context of said links. I still think UKIP will do an awful lot better than the BNP over the coming week.

don_quixote

Trent End
i didnt even look at the other parties. i just went for labour to give the media a kicking. hmm.

alex; the conflation (IS THAT EVEN A WORD?) of the two major parties may well be true, but the way i see it is the tories are still selfish fuckers just out for themselves and labour still has some good eggs. so there's nice hegemony and nasty hegemony, and i'd much rather nice hegemony.

this is the first time ive voted labour though (admittedly im only 23).

it all means fucking nothing though. and im fed up of this bnp guilt tripping. fucks sake. the labour wankers round here leafletted about only voting for them to keep the bnp out and put all their fucking policies on the back in fucking 10 point writing. piss ups and breweries. if you want to keep the bnp out fucking be electable.

sorry to sound so angry about this, but i have this sinking fucking feeling about waking up tomorrow and hearing that smug twat cameron being a smug fucking twat and i hate it i hate it i hate it. i might just opt out of life if/when he becomes prime minister. he is so fucking unbearable. i can't believe people are actually going to vote for that sneering, patronising and, god help me (yes, i'm a fucking reverse snob), etonian fuck.

gordon brown might be miserable, but at least he isnt a prick.

craner

Beast of Burden
Even worse than Cameron is the horrific, horrific prospect of George Osborne being anywhere near power.

I think I agree with you on the BNP thing, actually.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
the parties the Tories are attempting to cosy up to in the EU (as they simultaneously burn bridges with preferable old allies) are a right bunch of oddballs and no mistake.

seeing Hague try and squirm his way out of some questioning from Jeremy Paxman the other night on same was a bit of a grim laugh