Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ruff Squad + Rapid

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Plasticman/Plastician

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gumdrops

i have decided.

wiley - genius, and great beats yes, but can be too quirky.
terror - genius, but brilliant as they are, sometimes only incrementally diff.
rapid however - wall to wall bangers, raw, rough and ready, no nonsense grime. and he also has two quite diff eras (compare gnr 1 to gnr 2) - the earlier anna/down/pied pier synth melody stuff, and then the second era of purely percussive, skeletal forward rushing stuff like underground and some of the walloping almost ghetto tech type patterns on gnr 2 etc. what also really did it for me is that hes produced prob more brilliant grime vocals for ruff sqwad than wiley has for roll deep, or terror has for any of his artists. i dont know how much that has to do with his skills as a producer or if its just ruff sqwad, but either way, its a good look.
so its rapid. :)

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Every time this poll comes back I just feel more embarassed. Someone with more of an idea what they were doing should have made it.

gumdrops

you know what, it is actually dexplicit. listening to his dexplicit content albums now - hes basically grime at its rawest/most exciting. (hopefully i havent posted this before, though i think im starting to repeat myself on this forum now). pow is a bit overrated really but things like firebell and bars are like top 10 grime beats.

CrowleyHead

Is Dot worth mentioning? I know he's done a lot of asinine stuff, but "Bazooka", "Wild Life", "Rotten & Voltage"... "Erg Yeah" as someone said earlier in the thread. And, there's that one... "Chinese Dreams" I think?