Bragging rights - heroic events of immense kudos achieved before you lost your edge

alex

Do not read this.
^ should have been more clear, we were shouting "your peng, your peng" and we were drunk, not her, she was finishing what looked like a disgusting salad, pretending not to hear us (she was blatently hot for me, the little minx)...

also yea it is just KO1, what a joker...

tom lea

^ should have been more clear, we were shouting "your peng, your peng" and we were drunk, not her, she was finishing what looked like a disgusting salad, pretending not to hear us (she was blatently hot for me, the little minx)..
oh shit. i presume she's always drunk tbh

STN

sou'wester
At risk of boring the shit out of everyone, her brother was the bassplayer in Rip Rig and Panic.

Sigh.

Staff Party

I stuck a sticker on Dominic Diamond's back when he came to open a Game shop.
I was partly responsible for the end of the boyband North and South.
uh...

zhao

there are no accidents
a few hollywood ones

i was hitting on Paris Hilton's friend at Cookies last year one night out and like 5 huge guys in ties and jackets stepped up when i put my arm around her waist on the dancefloor... i was like who the fuck are these guys, she's like, they're HER body guards.

walking in the East village and Harvey Keitel walks out from a restaurant in front of me and was like oh excuse me, so polite, he's even shorter than me.

at a Suvian Stephens (spelling? the folk guy) show at the Wiltern Theater this girl who looked very very familiar but i couldn't place walked over and struck up a conversation and i was like sorry i'm looking for my friend i can't talk to you right now -- and kicking myself later because i realized too late it was Kirsten Dunst.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
got twatted at roisin murphy's house before she was brilliant

is the one I'm most impressed by. Wow!

I threw a bottle at Nicky Wire during the MSP set at the Heineken Music Festival in Swansea in 1993. I don't think mine was the one that hospitalised him, though.

STN

sou'wester
Ooh, my nan used to go out with Paris Hilton's grandad, so instead of sitting in an office talking to you bastards I could be trotting around Bel Aire with a tiny dog right now.

continuum

smugpolice
I stuck a sticker on Dominic Diamond's back when he came to open a Game shop.
I was partly responsible for the end of the boyband North and South.
uh...

Dominic Diamond and his sister went to my school. Their mum still runs a drama group in the area. When DD was doing Games Master most of the kids who appeared on the show were from my school. Letitia Dean (Sharon off EastEnders) also went to my comp.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If we're abandoning music ones and just doing a Nebulous-Claims-To-Fame thread - then my dad knew Dave 'Darth Vader/Green Cross Code Man' Prowse. They used to train together at the same gym.

I'm sure I've said this before...was there a N-C-T-F thread on here a year or two ago?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Hmmm, don't really have many exciting ones of these, sadly:

I know Mylo's (the dj/producer's) brother, he plays drums in a band where a good friend of mine from school is the bassist. Only met Mylo himself about twice though - he's alright.
Rustie apparently lives in the same neighbourhood as me but I've never seen or met him to my knowledge.
Non-musical ones: my dad's cousin is Ian Mcarthy, Labour MP who's been in a couple of minor-ish cabinet posts. He gave us a tour of Westminster once and we caught the last 5 minutes of PM's questions from the visitor's gallery.
Charles Kennedy was elected the president of the union at my old uni whilst I was working in the crappy canteen place there. He turned up really late for some function night, wanted food way after the dinner had been served, so me and a couple of the other night staff managed to cobble together some random stuff for him. Which to be fair he was perfectly grateful for. Couldn't tell for sure if he'd been drinking, but if I had to bet I'd say yes. :)

Edit: oh yeah, and as a kid I knew the same ex-Amebix member that Padraig mentioned a few pages back. This has been discussed on here before I think. He's fairly posh but very nice.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Not really a claim to fame per se, but I've been on holiday with a notorious double-murderer in Singapore who fought a long (and ridiculous) case about five years ago, trying to appeal to the British government to extradite him in order to escape a death sentence. This was before all the murdering of course.

Oh another crime-related one, my Great Grandad used to be associated with the Kray Twins. He used to keep a machete underneath his armchair.

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Dominic Diamond and his sister went to my school. Their mum still runs a drama group in the area. When DD was doing Games Master most of the kids who appeared on the show were from my school. Letitia Dean (Sharon off EastEnders) also went to my comp.

I saw him get knocked out for being mouthy in bogs at a games show, shouldn't have picked on the small kid with nine years of boxing under his belt. Went down like a sack of spuds. Still makes me laugh.

benjybars

village elder.
Zhao i swear you're the coolest man on the internet... ?

amy winehouse bought me a drink. i was just standing at the bar waiting to get served and she turned round and said here, have this tequila. this was when she a bit famous but not every day in the tabloids famous.

my mate worked at a call centre with quest and silkie. everytime i'm wasted i say to quest 'you worked with my mate james!!!' ... he loves it.

tom lea

oh yeah, gemmy used to work at rbs in bristol with a mate of a mate. apparently there used to be video on youtube of said friend being asleep at work and someone putting a bin over his head and then smacking it. dunno if gemmy was the one that smacked it or not.

i love the story about diamond getting knocked out in the bogs.

tom lea

this isnt even music, but my dad was pissed once and bumped into john terry, when terry was about 19, and he started giving him tips about improving his positioning, and how he wouldn't be a top player if he didnt work on it cos he didnt have enough pace. he then said something along the lines of 'get that sorted, and one day you'll captain england', and now takes full responsibility for terry's success.