Bragging rights - heroic events of immense kudos achieved before you lost your edge

mms

sometimes
my dad was friends with hot chocolate, the guy who wrote sandy shaw's 'puppet on a string' and was friends with the guy who played the doctor in the germans episode of fawlty towers.
my girlfriend once went to dinner in tokyo with agnes b, polly harvey and vincent gallo.
i once went on the piss with chris cunninghan and harmony corrine.
several members of hot chip worked for me once.
my mate's cousin produced 'ghosts' by japan.

continuum

smugpolice
my dad was friends with hot chocolate, the guy who wrote sandy shaw's 'puppet on a string' and was friends with the guy who played the doctor in the germans episode of fawlty towers.
my girlfriend once went to dinner in tokyo with agnes b, polly harvey and vincent gallo.
i once went on the piss with chris cunninghan and harmony corrine.
several members of hot chip worked for me once.
my mate's cousin produced 'ghosts' by japan.

Clem Curtis lives in the same town as my parents. He drives a white cadillac around blaring out tunes at a loud volume. He handed me a pen at a pub once which when you pressed the end of it gave you an electric shock which he thought was hilarious.

mms

sometimes
Clem Curtis lives in the same town as my parents. He drives a white cadillac around blaring out tunes at a loud volume. He handed me a pen at a pub once which when you pressed the end of it gave you an electric shock which he thought was hilarious.
yes stories of how he knew hot chocolate abound when he meets someone young who he's not met before with me and he's pissed, its highly embarrasing and the stories usually involve some level of talk about sexual habits of the band etc.
he's over 70 now, he still knows the guy who co wrote puppet on a string, who was also as bit of an lsd chemist apparently, and who also wrote a bunch of other songs, including some apparently un-credited beatles songs !

Last edited:

luka

i saw d.e.e getting a sausage roll in greggs in forest gate.
my mate is cousins with lee brasco and tip-c.
i saw ghetto catching a train at stratford.
i saw major ace on roman. i saw riko somewhere in bow.
i went to rinse and saw wiley, jammer, newham generals, skepta, and a load of others.
i was listening to wiley and riko in '99.
knew about d.e.e and kano.
made leo sayer coffee. made xena warrior princess coffee.

sold a dodgy video to iain krankie when i worked in hmv

named an imaginary one man genre.

played football with pat bonner.

was bounced up and down on alvin stardust's knee.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Really don't care, but because I saw them at the same pub at different times on the same day last week...

Miquita Oliver
George Lamb
Carl Barat

I almost pooped with excitement.

alex

Do not read this.
God, George Lamb, what a waste of Oxygen, someone else could have breathed what he has, fucking worse than the scum on the bottom of the shoe of the scum on the bottom of my shoe

qwerty south

no use for a witticism
saw green day play pubs in southampton and london on their first uk tour.

;)

spilled paul heaton's drink at a pub in hull whilst drinking with him

erm...

Last edited: