House 09!

hopper

did anyone go to shake the other day? how was it?

Shake was really brilliant, I got there at about 11ish and he played right til 2. He has a pretty unique djing style where he kinda chops things up on the go, dunno if its with a sampler or if he's beat juggling. Sometimes works really well, but sometimes sounded a bit like a needle skipping quite badly - I was at the back so couldn't really see that well. Dropped a pretty varied set, a fair few of what I think were his own tunes and other Detroit stuff, a bit of 70s disco and some recent tracks. The only tunes I recognised were Kode 9 - time patrol, Kyle Hall's Aidys mix and Basic Channel Phylyps trak II. The selection was pretty on point, and his stuff sounded incredible there. Would love to buy frictionalism but £40 is a bit beyond me so I'll jus grab the CD. Pretty disappointed to miss actress and mark ernestus but my mate didn't wanna get there early.

Agree with everyone beneath on double jointed sex freak, massive 12. Far too many records I want but can't really splash out on. Anyone heard the newest seldom felt?

zhao

there are no accidents
biggest album this year is Midtown 120 Blues from our favorite gender warrior DJ Sprinkles without anything at all close to a doubt.

BareBones

wheezy
that anthony shakir night was wicked. and mark ernestus killed it with all the reggae. really good night. hopper - ask for the box set for xmas. that's what i've done!

Richard Carnage

do you mean the friction thing? yeah it's pretty dope.

Got mine today from Rush Hour! :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hopper

that anthony shakir night was wicked. and mark ernestus killed it with all the reggae. really good night. hopper - ask for the box set for xmas. that's what i've done!

I think I've left it a bit too late now :eek:. Did you catch any of actress' set? Loved hazyville so was pretty curious to see how his live sets pan out

Alfons

Way of the future
just uploaded a mix, might be of interest to some.

<div><object width="300" height="300"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="flashVars" value="feed="></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="feed=" width="300" height="300"></embed></object><div style="clear:both; height:3px;"></div><p style="display:block; font-size:12px; font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin:0; padding: 3px 4px 3px 4px; color:#999;"><a href="" style="color:#02a0c7; font-weight:bold;">Því Hvað Er Auður Og Afl Og Djúpt Hús...</a> by <a href="http://www.mixcloud.com/kalli/" style="color:#02a0c7; font-weight:bold;">Kalli</a> on <a href="http://www.mixcloud.com/" style="color:#02a0c7; font-weight:bold;"> Mixcloud</a></p><div style="clear:both; height:3px;"></div></div>

download available in my podcast at http://kalli.breakbeat.is/podcast

Attelaawabe

House 09

uh, signature...Slash rant.

That show is amazing. House reminded me of, well, me, and Ive wanted to be a doctor since I was little, heh. More specifically a vet, but thats a goal thats a bit too high for me.

Papercut

cut to the bone
just been listening to that sprinkles album everyones been bashing on about and its stunning.

There's a 'loft-style' live mix and interview with shim here

http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/lwe-podcast-14-dj-sprinkles/

edit: seems like the album actually came out in 2008?

yes! it keeps on annoyingly coming up on 2009 lists even though it was well out by then. Its in loads of peoples end of 2008 reviews aswell and was a big deal last year. I remember because i listened to it a lot when i was doing up my house at the time and that was ages ago.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
anyone seen any official reports online about the 696 closure of Dirty London/Dennis Ferrer at Matter last night at 10.45pm, beyond Logan's twitter?

matter would like to extend its apologies regarding the cancellation of the Dennis Ferrer & Martinez Brothers event to be held at the venue on Sunday 27th December 2009, due to circumstances beyond the control of both the venue and the promoters Dirty London.

A full statement on the circumstances of the cancellation and the situation regarding refunds and potential re-scheduling will be forthcoming from the Dirty London team soon.