View Poll Results: What will be the result of the upcoming GE?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative majority

6 30.00%
  • Conservative minority

4 20.00%
  • Labour majority

0 0%
  • Labour minority

6 30.00%
  • The Lib Dems are a force for evil

2 10.00%
  • Fuck the lot of em, we're going to to hell in a handcart

6 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Election incoming

dunno why people find that difficult to understand
    Cos compared to the Tories or Brexit party which is "Out" - it is.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

This from an ITV journalist

Joe Pike
    Bumped into Dominic Cummings.
    Me: Ready for the campaign Mr Cummings?
    DC: We’re not going to have one.
    Me: Really?
    DC: They’ll vote for EU citizens and we’ll have to pull it.
    Can this possibly be true? That the Tories will let the amendments make them cancel the election bill after begging for one for so long? That will make them look like even bigger cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    So the party's official position is "neutral" regarding the greatest act of national self-harm in modern history, to which the vast majority of Labour MPs, members and voters are very clearly opposed.
    "the greatest act of national self-harm" etc is sheer hyperbole. But certainly most of Labour would prefer remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    it is quite clear that even a so-called soft Brexit (...) is going to harm the economy and cause job losses.
    Probably. But the point is that the country is completely divided on Brexit. Taking a definite position, as per the Tories or LibDems, means effectively saying fuck what half the country thinks. (Though actual LibDem policy seems to change every day.) Labour is therefore "neutral" in the sense of giving people a meaningful choice. Rather than Brexit (any Brexit) vs. Remain (as in the original referendum): a specific harm-reduction Brexit vs. Remain. (You could do the same with Tory maddog Brexit vs. Remain, but the Tories wouldn't agree to that. Nor would most of Labour probably.) In the event of a second vote along those lines, Labour would doubtless campaign to remain, and most Labour voters would vote to remain, as we did last time. Labour isn't the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    I don't trust Corbyn not to completely undermine any ref should he get in. It'll just be "too difficult" for whatever reason.
    Bollocks. You just don't like Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Cos compared to the Tories or Brexit party which is "Out" - it is.
    No. It's slightly more complicated than yes or no. But you'd have to be a complete moron not to understand it.

How old are you mate? Surely you've realised most people ARE morons.

"the greatest act of national self-harm" etc is sheer hyperbole
    Is it? Which ones have been greater?

OK the amendments they were scared of have not been selected so they aint gonna pull it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by subvert47 View Post
    Bollocks. You just don't like Corbyn.
    I was enthusiastic about him when he first became leader, believe it or not. I've got off him since then, mainly because of his utter uselessness in the face of an unprecedented crisis.

So yeah, I don't like him. For good reasons. There's no "just" about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

I've heard him described as useless etc a fair bit, but I haven't seen half as many suggestions as to what he should be doing. People go on about the opposition being weak, but he's been pointing out what the Tories do to the NHS etc the whole time, people just don't care.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

People pretend it's something else they object to but of course it's just left wing policies they can't stomach

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

I'm perfectly happy with his policies, I just want him to be more popular. And I don't think he can do that (very happy to be proved wrong). I realise it's a bit like Napolean asking for generals who are lucky but I want someone to have his policies and fucking win. Or at least stop the Tories gaining a big majority - if that happens it's gonna be a very very dark time for the UK for the foreseeable future.

from the outside, it appears corbyn largely lacks leadership qualities. leadership is more than just believing in something, it's being able to articulate a vision that rallies people, motivates them to join in and work together to make what you believe in actually happen. he seems to alienate as many people as he motivates.

So does trump but he's still president.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

But Corbyn isn't. I just want him to change so he's a winner. I don't know how he does that but he has to... or else find someone else who can.

I want to be wrong, I want the polls to be wrong... I want Corbyn to win by a massive majority. But I fear that the opposite is gonna happen. This is gonna be the dirtiest and most important GE of our lifetime, the downside is catastrophic.