luka

Holy shit why did nobody tell me Claire Lehmann was hot. This changes everything.
she looks like shes in Heathers. there's a certain tilt of the head, a particular angle, that matches the jacket, the hair and the earrings

poetix

we murder to dissect
Yes, strong Mean Girl energy. Do I really like it, or am I just pretending to? I'm not even sure myself. I think it's one of those things where you entertain a notion of yourself as some entirely different sort of creature for whom that sort of performance is intended, and you picture the creature you are not in strange raptures with that other creature who might be interested in the not-you but would certainly take no interest whatsoever in you as you are, and you get a sort of metaphysical frisson out of it.

luka

1612814990505.png
there's something 'up' about the hair and the eyes and the John Hughes High School tilt of the head. perky and aspirational.

sus

Poetix is my #1 celebrity board member I'd followed them on twitter and blogs for years before I got here I hope everyone appreciates what a big deal we have on our hands

poetix

we murder to dissect
I think a sure sign of someone's lacking imagination is when they see hotness as a hierarchy, when there are clearly different universes of hotness, and people who stand out in their own way within their own milieu, and it's truly strange and marvellous when hotnesses from different milieux combine. Like it's literally a fitness landscape, with many distinct local optima. I am especially interested in varieties of ugly-hot, people with objectively wonky faces who nevertheless just have it in spades. Quillette (steering abruptly back to the topic at hand) seems to me to be a site for the sorts of people who believe there's a global total ordering that can be applied to this situation; as with "intelligence", which similarly is multidimensional and includes all kinds of surprising varieties of clever-stupid and stupid-clever,

I think a sure sign of someone's lacking imagination is when they see hotness as a hierarchy, when there are clearly different universes of hotness, and people who stand out in their own way within their own milieu, and it's truly strange and marvellous when hotnesses from different milieux combine.
you aiming this at me!?

luka

he definitely was. he even sent me a pm saying and i quote "watch me launch this guided missile right at sheils' face, KABBOOM!"