Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Australia may be handling it badly, I dunno, I do know about his extreme climate change denial position certainly, but the C19 situation is not so serious at the moment while they only have 60 dead people and the UK have 10,000. Of course that can change, but maybe Australians will escape by luck and natural resistance in the form of remoteness, low population density etc. You've gotta hope so after the year they've had already.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I forgot to mention the utter contempt for anything resembling the truth, and bare-faced lying in a way that seems genuinely new. Patel has a particular knack for this, as I think you mentioned here recently.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Australia may be handling it badly, I dunno, I do know about his extreme climate change denial position certainly, but the C19 situation is not so serious at the moment while they only have 60 dead people and the UK have 10,000. Of course that can change, but maybe Australians will escape by luck and natural resistance in the form of remoteness, low population density etc. You've gotta hope so after the year they've had already.

I think Morrison was on holiday in Hawai'i while the bush fires were at their worst.

This is the prime minister who brought a lump of coal into parliament to taunt opposition MPs with by saying "this is coal, it won't hurt you, it's not scary..." - you can just imagine millions of reactionary wankers watching at home, hooting with laughter and pounding the arms of their sofas with their fists as he "owned the libtards".

IdleRich

IdleRich
I certainly have mentioned it in a few places lately.
Patel - resigned in disgrace after disobeying the PM and meeting a foreign government several times, then lying about that, then more coming out etc
Fox - resigned in disgrace after it came out that he brought his secret boyfriend with him on official state visits so that he could negotiate favourable deals using the UK government's clout
Hunt - somehow survived the scandal when he was caught texting James Murdoch about how he was trying to get his merger past the monopolies investigation, that he was chairing
Johnson - endless litany of lies and cock-ups and racist statements.
Raab - Cunt
Is it surprising that a government made up of these fuckheads ends up reflecting their worst qualities of incompetence and lying to cover up now they have an actual crisis to deal with? I mean, I guess that's obvious in a sense but it seems as though somehow we thought that the organism as a whole was strong enough to resist and keep them on some kind of straight and narrow... but when every part of it is rotten then that can't happen.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It really fucking riles me to see Fox and Patel in government... in the fucking government! How is that possible? How how how? They betrayed and cheated their country and were fired or resigned in disgrace. How the fuck can they just roll back in a few years later and expect to run the country? And people let them? It's obscene.

droid

It seems that there's decent evidence that vitamin D helps with the immune response to the virus, which may be a factor in why darker skinned people in the US have been so badly affected, as the darker your skin the more slowly you produce vitamin D - and also a reason towards the low Australian fatality rate - light skinned people in a sunny country, in summer, would be at their annual peak of Vitamin D.

droid

But it does blow apart the population density argument. The number of people who die is directly related to the speed of lockdown, which, given the warning they had is why the UK and US governments are guilty of criminal negligence and manslaughter.

IdleRich

IdleRich
So Australia's record has been kinda blown apart by an illegal dinner party of infected medical workers

"We thought we were doing really well then in the last week we had a cluster of 49 cases in a hospital in Tasmania just over the weekend. Most of them went to an illegal dinner party of medical workers.”

version

It seems that there's decent evidence that vitamin D helps with the immune response to the virus, which may be a factor in why darker skinned people in the US have been so badly affected, as the darker your skin the more slowly you produce vitamin D - and also a reason towards the low Australian fatality rate - light skinned people in a sunny country, in summer, would be at their annual peak of Vitamin D.

Apparently everyone in the UK should be taking vitamin D most of the year anyway.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
and then there's Putin.

Not surprising in the least.

Especially given:

The K.G.B. campaign — which cast the deadly virus that causes AIDS as a racial weapon developed by the American military to kill black citizens — was wildly successful. By 1987, fake news stories had run in 25 languages and 80 countries, undermining American diplomacy, especially in Africa. After the Cold War, in 1992, the Russians admitted that the alarms were fraudulent.

version

I sometimes wonder whether these attacks are actually coming from ordinary people or whether there's something else going on designed to give that impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.