Hangover Cures

viktorvaughn

i have had fat corned beef and mustard sarnie on soft brown in past and it worked well

in general i try and wake up have a pint or more of water, 2 paras and go back to sleep for 2 hours or so

craner

Beast of Burden
I suppose, but then you could also say, "more booze". I mean hangover cures for when you've got things to do.

STN

sou'wester
There are no cures. Here is my current routine.

Rise. Shriek with agony, eat toast with peanut butter, drink Berocca. 11am crisp break, pasta lunch, 3am coca-cola or chocloate bar. Atone with healthy eating the following day.

Avoid excessive tea and coffee.

Lucozade is poweruful. If things are really on top drink some dioralite.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
First drink has to be cold fresh fruit juice. Even water tastes disgusting. Couple of paracetamol. Then move on to the tea - lots of it. More paracetamol. Then something greasy and salty to eat about midday. Sorted.

craner

Beast of Burden
The shrieking pain thing I'm not as interested in. I'm pretty good at avoiding bad combinations, so usually avoid that. I never drink white and red wine in the same evening, or mix beer and spirits. I wonder how you all combat the fatigue and sluggishness and lethargy that gets more overwhelming with age. This is the worst thing about hangovers, as it can last until sundown or cocktail hour and you lose a whole day. This is why I find the combination of Lucozade (for artifical energy) and a lunchtime swim (to clear the head and re-energise the body) so useful.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Lucozade_sport_orange_bottle.jpg

this is definitely their top boy in the game for these purposes

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
The real cure for a hangover is to have a glass of water, an aspirin, and stop fucking whinging about it.

luka

sure and weed works too, but craner is saying these dont count. its a hangover cure for when you have to go to work, or meet your grandparents for dinner or something.

Pestario

tell your friends
if there's no nausea then it's water, simple filling food, pain killers and sleep.

problems arise when you throw up anything you put in

zhao

there are no accidents
sure and weed works too, but craner is saying these dont count. its a hangover cure for when you have to go to work, or meet your grandparents for dinner or something.

ah right... meth? may not be very pleasant, but you'd be able to tough out demanding social functions for at least 8 hours.

MrFence

Oh the humanity.
This morning it was:

Black filter coffee x 2
Jarlsberg and sliced tomato on sesame rivita
2 pints of water

5 mile bike ride

black filter coffee
bacon, sausage & egg bap.

I find that a bit of strenuous exercise, constant food and drink intake and a spot of masturbation/a blowjob are the keys to beating a hangover.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I find that a bit of strenuous exercise, constant food and drink intake and a spot of masturbation/a blowjob are the keys to beating a hangover.

Best to leave the coffee till after the blowjob - helps get the taste out of your mouth, I find.

Edit: actually, scrap that - coffee has the worst aftertaste ever.

Last edited: