Rinse FM Going Legit

mos dan

fact music
(via lower end spasm iirc)

yerp it was. though the whole bayeux tapestry grime thing was originally off grimeforum. so much gold there.

yeah seriously, does anyone know the specifics of slimzee's asbo? i swear i read somewhere it was issued in 2005 and was for five years? sadly, i fear it might be too late for a proper come back now. the moment has passed. tragic

You'd have to do it with Kode9. I think he's got the right sort of personality.

A talk back show with Youngsta could be quite interesting too.

You'd have to bring back Task for a talk show, makes me laugh every time I listen to them Youngsta mixes with him on.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
You'd have to bring back Task for a talk show, makes me laugh every time I listen to them Youngsta mixes with him on.

That one where he asks Youngsta if he'd like some milkshake on-air is always cracks me up.

"youngst, [slurp] you want some milk shake?" [muffled voice] "isschocolate".

Miles off topic but what happened to Task?

don_quixote

Trent End
scratcha does phone ins. they are mostly a joke though and he doesn't really know what he is asking and they usually run very close to the bone.

alex

Do not read this.
That looks ace! The obsession i had with rinse.fm just a couple of years ago makes me wish i was like 2 years younger, those courses sound great!

gumdrops

so rinse is a not for profit station? i wonder if its still pay to play. still cant get it on my radio though. god knows what the frequency is now.

Fundamental

To any of the people on here that do shows on the station:

Has anything changed? Like do you have to log PRS... Is the studio less secretive now (was it before?) Do you have to pay subs?
Is the studio equipment improved?
Also does the advertising policy change, surely the pirate radio style of 20 minute blocks of ads aren't ok are they?

I think as long as the music policy don't change then I seriously don't understand how people on here could be annoyed at Rinse going legit. Some people on here have serious authenticity issues, geez...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I think as long as the music policy don't change then I seriously don't understand how people on here could be annoyed at Rinse going legit. Some people on here have serious authenticity issues, geez...

Agreed, though I think back when the suggestion was a little more open to interpretation many people (myself included) were having trouble shaking the words "Kiss FM" out of their heads. Particularly considering Rinse FM's new enthusiasm for house music.

Fundamental

Yeah I see what you mean there... Kiss FM and Choice FM were both two pirates originally weren't they... It doesn't look like this is gonna happen in the short term anyway, heaven forbid.

mms

sometimes
Agreed, though I think back when the suggestion was a little more open to interpretation many people (myself included) were having trouble shaking the words "Kiss FM" out of their heads. Particularly considering Rinse FM's new enthusiasm for house music.

yeah they have that thing of calling really bland generic house dubbage as if by calling it something differnt it will become new.
Which is worrying

Fundamental

Yeah I hate to be negative (especially on a forum, that old cliche...) but if you can take a house record and play it in a Judge Jules set from 1998 without it standing out it is not something new or good. That is with old names or new names lol. I worry sometimes that dubbage is just the underground class of 2001 becoming middle aged and conservative, I'm sure it is not all like that though, must be some big tunes in that area floating about.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
So now Rinse is all legal is it ok to ask where the studio is?
I'm sure most people here already know, but it's one of those little bits of trivia that I've been wanting to find out.