IdleRich

IdleRich
Is it true that Aunty is completely ignoring the Arcuri story? It seems absolutely clear cut that he had an affair with her, funnelled money and opportunities to which she was not entitled - and in fact for which she failed to meet the basic requirements - to her, and repeatedly lied about.
Now she's comfirned it and it would have been a resigning matter for any MP in history - but Beeb don't even report it?

jenks

thread death
He really never has had a problem spending public money has he? Mistress? No problem. Garden Bridge? Sure thing. Mates rates for contracts? Step right this way.
It’s nothing new to say he treats us with contempt and he does so because he is given a free pass over and again - I don’t know why he’s not being held to account for these latest revelations. As sure as there’s shite in a duck he’ll wriggle out of the any COVID enquiry when it finally comes.

blockhead

who the fuck cares which industry dolt he's shagged on a weekend coke bender. just one of those stories that get planted by comms teams all the time ffs. MPs have been outed for worse escapades and have only "resigned" upwards. priti patel brainstorming surveillance techniques with israel over lunch 3 yrs ago, 'resigning' to set herself up as the next PM

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's not to do with who he fucked, it's that he was giving them our money. I honestly didn't think I would have to explain that.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Patel fought tooth and nail not to resign, she told lie after lie to get out of it. Disgraceful that she could come back obviously.

IdleRich

IdleRich
i was including myself!
Well don't include me.
Maybe you don't think it's wrong that the prime minister breaks the rules willy-nilly and fucks everything up and isn't held to anything but I do. Is your contribution just "whatever" or do you have a point?

boxedjoy

I think as well that with Arcuri it doesn't really tell us anything new about his character. We know he's a reckless shagger unable to declare the amount of kids he has and we know he puts on the dozy act while being a Latin literature reader. It's not like anyone is going to see this revelation and change their mind about him - it's not any worse than stuff he's already on record as saying and doing. In fact it probably boosts his image with a certain type of fanbase - Arcuri is nearly half his age.

boxedjoy

I mean yes he should be being held accountable ane challenged on this because of the public funds element of the story. But when the Government has let 150k people die and it seems to have been normalised as part of the everyday background noise, some money isn't going to be a big deal.

blockhead

Well don't include me.
Maybe you don't think it's wrong that the prime minister breaks the rules willy-nilly and fucks everything up and isn't held to anything but I do. Is your contribution just "whatever" or do you have a point?
yeah, here's "the point": stop falling for a cooked up smokescreen to distract from a worse kind of moral bankruptcy that's always been pervasive in government. rot goes deeper than some booze-addled cunt throwing the home office bank card around

woops

is not like other people
i don't think anyone's disputing that public funds / how does it feel to be the pater familias of 15,000 dead are bad things. the point is, how has it been normalised, why is it not on the BBC, is there anything to be done to stop the control of media, is the rot all-pervasive?

the answer is probably something to do with everyone being a shut-in for the last year, all of them on internet forums that weren't that great to begin with, but as i've said i hate posting about serious stuff.

edit - did a @mixed_biscuits on the death toll - should of been 150,000

Last edited:

jenks

thread death
The trick is the way they’ve made us complicit , it’s the ‘I’m not surprised that I’m not surprised’ element to it all. And yes it’s not the shagging but the audacity of the corruption moral and financial which has been utterly normalised and therefore we get shrugs rather than people on the streets.

boxedjoy

we know it's wrong and unacceptable and shouldn't be happening. But I've done the anti-Iraq marches and lived through the 2011 riots and it's been twenty years of nothing ever changing. It's not so much as desensitised - I'm still angry and disappointed - but exhausted.

One of the things about the report into institutionalised racism that's made me feel so defeated is how blatant they're being about how they aren't going to do anything about it. It's knowing that as a minority - albeit LGBT+ rather than POC - that it doesn't matter what I do or how hard I fight, it's never going to be enough because the cards are already stacked.