MatthewH

makes strange noises.
Perhaps I'm just going to up the level of pedanticism in this thread but are those not all techno tracks? When I think trad house I think of Promised Land.

MatthewH

makes strange noises.
Re: Ben

Another case of transatlantic differences. In the places I've lived on this side of the pond (Montreal and Toronto), a set of those tracks would be called "techno" or "deep techno".

No direct disco influence = not house.

YMMV

Elijah

Butterz
Uk funky has its roots in quite long-standing traditions, though doesn't it? south african house, also stuff like karizma and masters at work... just cos it's syncopated and not a 4/4 thump doesn't mean it's not trad!

Lil Silva, Champion, Roska all heavily grime influenced and they are 3 still standing today.

sgn

Has this been posted here? Coz it is insane:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

wise

bare BARE BONES
well done Bandshell Hessle release sounds heavy, also loving Winton on the Soundcloud.
Where can I hear Moleskin? is it getting a release?

Jam City album is awful I had to turn it up off halfway through, it made me feel a bit sick

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Did you make it to Club Thanz? That track really stands out to me, the rest is all right I guess.