datwun

Haha, wicked!
Looks proper vibzy actually, much more so than boiler room.
And I'm actually really liking those tracks :O which sets a very dangerous precident lol.
Don't make me start giving a shit about UK bass again lol

Local Authority

bitch city
A friend of mine and Patrick Swayzes been creating some music for a while now and has some vinyl pressed up, we're in the process of getting into shops atm. Didn't know where to post it, guess it fits in here most though. He's got G3 and his label is called Little Corner.

We're speaking to shops and distributors at the moment so expect to see is stuff in shops very soon!

rubberdingyrapids

http://www.factmag.com/2013/10/14/i...ered-an-audience-with-the-elusive-dean-blunt/

old interview with dean blunt which made me laugh a bit -

people not from london obsess over london sounds

way more than actual londoners

they try too hard

so most ‘dub/uk/bass nonsense is usually swag

when its made by tom from bath

like …

justin timberlake aint a good dancer..he counts his steps like raatid mathematician

it isn’t natural to him

and it translates

so ramalamadindongman

or whatever he is called

can’t ever nail what he’s trying

because its assimilated

not felt

anyway

dub…not thinking about it

conciously

or at all

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
So what's happening in the world of post-dubstep these days?

Has everyone moved on to house and 130ish grime influenced stuff or what

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
The new Deadboy EP on Numbers is really good. Can't go wrong with Deadboy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0l1TDjHXcFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CrowleyHead

The new Deadboy EP on Numbers is really good. Can't go wrong with Deadboy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0l1TDjHXcFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can always go wrong with Deadboy, this guy's been mediocre since day.

NATO

I assumed people had scooted over that because it's a patently stupid thing to say, and easy to pick apart.

I don't feel Ramadanman/Pearson Sound's music either.

Found a producer on Soundcloud called Percy Ingle who's got two tracks that might make you look twice.

First one takes a while to kick in but grows on you. Second one's a nice 97 Jeremy Sylvester type deep four to the floor tune

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The thing is with stuff, where are all the classic records, the ones that people in 10 years time are still going to be talking about? The ones that changed the game, brought something new, or even just defined their genre in a special way? Its just all so wishy-washy. Could anyone really hold something like Hyp Mngo up to a 'I Luv U' or a 'Terminator' or a 'Destiny'? That might not seem fair, but its impossible to avoid comparing post-dubstep to these old classics and find them lacking, especially since they are recycling so many ideas from the past.

Prescient, in retrospect, lol

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Prescient, in retrospect, lol

oh ello dissensus my old friend :)

so broadly corpsey i agree with you, much of the post-dubstep stuff was wishy washy and forgettable, often even at the time. i think you can think of things that stand up to the test of time, Girl Unit "IRL" for example, but one example doesn't discount what you're saying i think. most of this stuff has just now dissolved into grey variants of house & techno, the differentiation from "house & techno proper" i am often unable to make.

that said, a common phenomena i see - and one that either anthem-bashing or old school DJs live off (and surf a high/rolling neurotransmitter wave of) - is that it's easy to pick 50 amazing tracks from an era of music, play them together and assume the entire era was uniformly good. I can think of 50 killer jungle tracks, but that doesn't mean that when i went into record shops back in the day the jungle shelves weren't filled with me-too 12"s, clones, generic filler tracks - because by volume they were. 50,000 jungle 12"s reduce to a pretty amazing set of the best 50.

so do we judge movements in retrospect by their max or their mean?