hip hop '10

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
will do luka

new Dr Dre - ''Kush'' feat. Snoop and Akon
A bit underwhelmed by this at the moment but it might grow on me.

CrowleyHead

Detox is probably going to be a lot of nothing.

That said, greatest Detox leak ever, one that they REALLY should've had as a single... T.I. did a great Dre verse. Dre seems to have the greatest chemistry with Libra MCs (Tip, Eminem, Snoop). He should consider getting Wayne to ghost for him some.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
will do luka

new Dr Dre - ''Kush'' feat. Snoop and Akon
A bit underwhelmed by this at the moment but it might grow on me.

I don't think that tune is all that bad really. I'm more unsurprised than underwhelmed. It sounds a bit like a track that didn't make it onto Chronic 2001. Like so many tunes before it though, it is ruined by Akon.

I don't think at this point it is really possible for Detox to meet everyone's expectations.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

this is amazing

edit- well pretty damn good

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I take it you got to Nas' verse when you realized it wasn't amazing.

Yes, I think I spoke too soon. Slurry, woozy rappers seem to fit best over Dre's beats. Maybe. Whichever, Nas and Dre don't really go together. Ah yes, The Firm.

Last edited:

CrowleyHead

Yes, I think I spoke too soon. Slurry, woozy rappers seem to fit best over Dre's beats. Maybe. Whichever, Nas and Dre don't really go together. Ah yes, The Firm.

Actually I think back then Nas needed more Dre. "Phone Tap" is one of his top 10 records by far...

There was actually a rare version of that I only heard a couple of times as a child with verses from Foxy and Cormega as well. I'm going to have to probably commit crimes in order to find that damn thing...

Fucking Trackmasters. May they rot in hell for all eternity.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Have to say I love It Was Written* (Dre track on there too, I know), so can't hate on the Trackmsters completely, though their track record isn't great.

* Apparently Lupe's favourite hip hop album of all time

CrowleyHead

There's a movement of Rap to say that album is the greatest of all Nas' works. I'm not trying to be 'that guy' but, if you were to compare Illmatic to It Was Written, and then seriously conclude that the latter is the superior... I might believe you were possessed by devils or something.

luka

its clearly an inferior album but i still love it. the first half is great. the second half is patchy. the first half i think is all trackmasters.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
There's a movement of Rap to say that album is the greatest of all Nas' works. I'm not trying to be 'that guy' but, if you were to compare Illmatic to It Was Written, and then seriously conclude that the latter is the superior... I might believe you were possessed by devils or something.

Definitely not as good as Illmatic, but way better than its reputation used to suggest (then again, I don't think Illmatic is quite as good as its reputation ,tho close). It hangs together as an album really nicely. Take It In Blood is one of my favourite Nas tracks.

Side one has a premier track too.

CrowleyHead

Yaaaaaaaaaaah. Get away from here with that Rock The Bells, Dust-Of-The-Kangol nonsense!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't think anybody's talked about Meek Mill here, or maybe I missed it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
He's alright, his voice/delivery jar me a bit. There are some great tunes on that mixtape I posted (I think?) most of them produced by Cardiak. Luka mentioned him first, I found those tunes through looking at Cardiak's discography (which I need to investigate more).

Noz's Top 50 rap singles of the year http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blunts/?p=6513 Some great tunes on there, personally I much prefer 'Hard in the Paint' to 'B.M.F'. 'Freeze Me' would have been in my top 3 too. 'Monster' isn't that great imo although Minaj's verse is actually worthy of hype. Loads of gems I hadn't heard, like:

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Cam kills this ('ya killin' me' feat. kid cudi + vado). ''Let a clip lift up his soul like trynna lift a sneak''. Vado ''Large On The Streets'' is good too
@kanyewest Just got Dipset verses for Christmas in Harlem! Eeeeevrybody on it!!!! Cam, Vado, Jimmy, Pusha, Big Sean, Cyhi, Teyana Taylor & Musiq

oh and btw that Meek Mill CrowleyHead posted has a crazy beat.

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
Cam kills this ('ya killin' me' feat. kid cudi + vado). ''Let a clip lift up his soul like trynna lift a sneak''. Vado ''Large On The Streets'' is good too
@kanyewest Just got Dipset verses for Christmas in Harlem! Eeeeevrybody on it!!!! Cam, Vado, Jimmy, Pusha, Big Sean, Cyhi, Teyana Taylor & Musiq

oh and btw that Meek Mill CrowleyHead posted has a crazy beat.

Vado is nasty.... fittingly enuff, he's in the song this thread started w/... so, 2010 starts and ends the same...

re: Hard in the da paint, Lex Lugar is a beast...

<object width="448" height="374"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh2ZqV9WOFB4zLLiGG" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh2ZqV9WOFB4zLLiGG" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed> </object>

he has a grimey style to his production, reminds me of Maniac a little bit...

luka

meek millz has been floating around youtibe for years. as a battle rapper.
thought he was someone that would stay on that level for ever.