WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Hello,

Thank you for expressing an interest in out online research study. This is a two-part study.

The first part looks at possible links between personality, such as how sensitive a person you are, how much you use and rely on imagery and how open you are as a person, and your belief and experiences of unusual or anomalous phenomena. Completion of this part of the study will take you about 25 minutes and can be completed online by accessing the hyperlink below

The second part examines dream precognition – that is, the idea that you can dream of a future event or target. This part of the study will also be conducted online and require you to complete two trials over a period of two weeks. The first trial will be a practice trial to ensure that you are familiar with the procedure and that you feel comfortable with what is required. This will be followed by the main experimental trial. During each of the two trials you will be sent an email reminder on the first day (e.g., Monday) reminding you that you will have two nights (e.g., Monday and Tuesday) to try and dream of the target image that we will show you in the future and to write down your dreams in a dream diary as soon as you wake each morning. Following your two nights dreaming, on the Wednesday, we will send you a link to an online survey so you can write down your dreams from your dream diary and then try to identify which of the four images we show you is the correct target image.

To compensate you for your time in completing both parts of this study we will offer you a £20 voucher.

So, if you would like to take part in this two-part study please click on the hyperlink below:

sufi

lala

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Yeah, I thought fuck it having a genuine interest in dream precognition, temporal lobes and déjà-rêvé

Agree with you over what could be broadcast at a sleeping brain, got the fear too now!

catalog

Hello,

Thank you for expressing an interest in out online research study. This is a two-part study.

The first part looks at possible links between personality, such as how sensitive a person you are, how much you use and rely on imagery and how open you are as a person, and your belief and experiences of unusual or anomalous phenomena. Completion of this part of the study will take you about 25 minutes and can be completed online by accessing the hyperlink below

The second part examines dream precognition – that is, the idea that you can dream of a future event or target. This part of the study will also be conducted online and require you to complete two trials over a period of two weeks. The first trial will be a practice trial to ensure that you are familiar with the procedure and that you feel comfortable with what is required. This will be followed by the main experimental trial. During each of the two trials you will be sent an email reminder on the first day (e.g., Monday) reminding you that you will have two nights (e.g., Monday and Tuesday) to try and dream of the target image that we will show you in the future and to write down your dreams in a dream diary as soon as you wake each morning. Following your two nights dreaming, on the Wednesday, we will send you a link to an online survey so you can write down your dreams from your dream diary and then try to identify which of the four images we show you is the correct target image.

To compensate you for your time in completing both parts of this study we will offer you a £20 voucher.

So, if you would like to take part in this two-part study please click on the hyperlink below:

i did the first part, got this email before xmas

Hello,

Thank you for completing the first part of our two-part study, by filling in the online questionnaires.

As noted in the outline, the second part is a dream precognition component that is run over two consecutive weeks. However, given that Christmas is almost upon us we will be holding off on this part until after new year. We will be in touch again around new year to provide you with further details regarding how you can participate in this part.

Many thanks for getting involved and a very Merry Christmas from us all,

Dr Elizabeth Roxburgh, Dr David Vernon and Dr Malcolm Schofield.

catalog

From Climbers by M John Harrison:

Some climbers will tell you that, like hang-glider pilots and steeplejacks, climbers never have falling dreams; others that they always do. Every climber has a version of Normal's dream ["Normal" is a character in the novel, who describes a dream in an earlier section, which I've unfortunately not got a log of]. In some, that disembodied hand shakes yours, or grips your wrist and pulls you in; in others you are placing a key runner when the hand snatches it away into the depths of the rock so that you are left without protection on the hardest move of the route. The hand is cold and white, or warm and covered with hairs, and sometimes it is only the hand of a dead man seen inaccessible and rotting at the back of a crack on some eerie traverse of the Eiger, omen of a deteriorating situation - bad weather, doomed bivouacs, a glove lost, a dropped stove, a broken axe. In a pub near Oldham one night Bob Almanac told me a version in which there was no hand at all: but that crack itself closed on you and you hung there in the void unable to move up or down while the entire weight of your body slowly shifted itself on to your one trapped arm and you saw that worse than falling is not being allowed to fall. They tell it as a dream, a joke, an anecdote of the old Creagh Dhu Club, something once read. It is the expression of a deep-seated anxiety.

Can any climbers confirm? I like that bit about not being allowed to fall, how that's worse than falling. Like the slow motion of impending doom.

catalog

Thank you for taking part in this study.

This was the second in a series of studies exploring unusual, anomalous or psychic experiences. This study examined evidence for dream precognition by asking you to dream about target images that we will show you in the future.

Such an idea may sound odd but other researchers have reported such effects (e.g., Watt, 2014) and a meta-analysis of precognitive dream research has also suggested small but significant effects can be found (Storm et al., 2017).

Key References
Storm, L., Sherwood, S. J., Roe, C. A., Tressoldi, P., Rock, A. J., & Di Risio, L. (2017). On the correspondence between dream content and target material under laboratory conditions: A meta-analysis of dream-ESP studies, 1966-2016. International Journal of Dream Research, 10(2), 120-140.

Watt, C. (2014). Precognitive dreaming: Investigating anomalous cognition and psychological factors. Journal of Parapsychology, 78(1), 115-125.

Find out more at:

If you are interested in finding out more about anomalous/psychic experiences then please check out the following websites:
Society for Psychical Research: https://www.spr.ac.uk/
Parapsychological Association: http://www.parapsych.org/
I didn't get the first one (I thought the target image was a t shirt but it was puppies), but I did get the 2nd one where it was lightning (I dreamy I was in a farmyard barn with animals and it was dark and stormy). Buff I dunno, you guess one out of 3, so quite a bit of chance

catalog

Jung? I've been yet again recommended "dreams, memories, reflections" so am gonna pick it up soon. But maybe he's just a different sort of boring from who you might be after.

There's a book by Tim etchells called "the dream dictionary for the modern dreamer" but it's not that good.

I always remember what Adrian moles mum said in one of the diaries: the only thing worse than people telling you their dreams is them telling you their problems.

Sorry, nothing very helpful here.

this morning I was watching myself in a YouTube interview at the Grammys or something, a beautiful journalist in a silver dress was interviewing me but I was just talking gibberish in a conspiratorial tone, It was all genius stuff that only the dreamer could write. I can remember one bit was like

You gotta read between the lines brian? It isn’t Brian is isnt? Because we’re all here but where are the children? If we were to add up all the flesh in this room and then divide it into chunks of boiled ham say, who would buy it? Shell, BP no? Or maybe yes, but the point is we’re all here and i for one won’t be taken for a fool, because when you really zoom out who benefits? You gotta roll with punches”

in the dream it was actually funny, and another woman came up to pull me away with fake exasperation, “is he bothering you, don’t mind this joker 🙄” while silver dress beauty is in tears of laughter and can’t continue the interview while I wink at the camera

Jung? I've been yet again recommended "dreams, memories, reflections" so am gonna pick it up soon. But maybe he's just a different sort of boring from who you might be after.

There's a book by Tim etchells called "the dream dictionary for the modern dreamer" but it's not that good.

I always remember what Adrian moles mum said in one of the diaries: the only thing worse than people telling you their dreams is them telling you their problems.

Sorry, nothing very helpful here.
Read that jung in my teenage years and enjoyed bits of it then, something about a big black phallic stone talisman representing the father, a lot of denouncing collectivism, authoritarianism is what I remember. i remember thinking this guy cant write for shit too

I'm dipping into a jungian book now, trauma and the soul.by some guy donald kalshed, and he mentions this psychonalyst james grotstein who wrote a book called who is the dreamer who dreams the dream? and he's all about the 'stranger within thee' the 'ineffable subject of the unconscious'

dreamz.png

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Dream report: Goldie stashed a gun in my car. Turned out the gun had been used by someone else to murder people. I knew the police would be looking for this gun. But I was also scared of Goldie. Also, the road next to my parents' house had been flooded, turned into a canal. And from it a police helicopter took off.

Thoughts?

Dream report: Goldie stashed a gun in my car. Turned out the gun had been used by someone else to murder people. I knew the police would be looking for this gun. But I was also scared of Goldie. Also, the road next to my parents' house had been flooded, turned into a canal. And from it a police helicopter took off.

Thoughts?
you're racist and a closet homosexual

mWttrs2

My dreams are usually very different. I often have terrible dreams and I didn't know how to deal with it. I found good sedatives online. They are good at helping me fall asleep faster and have good dreams. Fortunately, since I started playing sports, I also started sleeping better

mvuent

Void Dweller
lately i’ve been closing the meat section pretty much every day at work. i'm worried that all this staring at and handling of various consistencies of uncooked meat for hours on end has started to permeate into my unconscious.

in one recent dream i had, the ground was a semi-solid consistency highly reminiscent of undercooked pulled pork. usually in dreams i don’t have much of a sense of self, i’m just me. but in this case i was a distinct character, the cowardly sidekick of a barbarian hero. i was refusing to set foot on the pulled pork expanse, because i believed that a predatory dinosaur species lurked out of sight below the surface, and might swim up through the meat layer and take my leg off if i tried to cross its territory. the mighty warrior i was with had no such qualms, encouraging me by holding up a holy relic he’d found while exploring the area, a misshapen, possibly alien skull embedded in a chunk of a different kind of meat.

so far i’ve only had one dream like this. but i’m worried that more might eventually follow. while writing this i was looking at a source i found for guidance: https://www.dreamchrist.com/meat-dream-interpretation/ but the imagery in my dream doesn't seem to be covered.

catalog

I have been watching game of throne for the second time and possibly as a result have been having weird dreams about dwarves, 2 to date.

1. Very violent, a dwarf is leading me down a road, there is a japey atmosphere, and then for some reason (which was clear in the dream but I've since lost the gist of) gets hit really hard by some guy, so hard in fact that he is rolling down the hill and the guy hitting him is running after him, continuing to kick him, kicks his head so hard it breaks off his neck and is hanging on by sinews.

2. A dwarf who is a skinhead, he's wearing cut off denim shorts and a white vest. His head has a peculiar shape, it sort of tapers out to the top of his head. Basically top heavy. But it's his facs that is most weird, no eyes or nose, just a mouth in centre of face where nose should be, and when he opens it, it becomes unfeasabily large, sort of expand out of his face. He is singing football songs.