The Ashes 2010

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
i didn't see johnson. but, he's a worry isnt he/ if he's on form hes the best bowler on either side not just by a bit but by a country mile, swann cant do what he does when things are going his way, hes terrifying. thank god hes a flake....

yeah he was bowling amazingly earlier when i was watching at home... but there's still not that much control, normally gives you a fourball every over, doesn't really build pressure... punter giving him short sharp spells atm

luka

ok i just saw the wickets naturally, huge pace and swing, none of the england 'fast' bowlers are actually fast.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
no they're a bit dobbly aren't they.. anderson has definitely taken sacrificed a bit of speed for control... anything above 85 is quick enough tho.. mitch was hitting 90 earlier... siddle was hitting 95 in the first test!

luka

perth is 3 hours behind sydney so its 8.40 at night and the cricket is still in full swing, fantastic! i cant get used to the size of this country. three hours behind!

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
ok so lead of 200 for the Aussies, 7 wickets in hand. nicely poised! i dunno i think England can still do this if they manage to keep the runchase to around 300ish..

luka

of course. they could even do 400 if the gods were on their side. alternatively they could collapse for 150. its what makes this the best game so far.

luka

the wacca is clearly too much for us. surely this cant be the beginning of the end though can it?

crackerjack

Daddy hundreds - great term.

I watched til lunch and didn't thought England bowled all that well - they kept it tight, very economical, but nothing like as threatening as the opening spells in previous games. But too many Aussie batsmen are just paralysed by their own inadequacy. Hughes is useless, Watson offered up 3 catches in 20 mins.

Anyway, that's just stunning. More than 50% more than their score with 10 wickets left is as good as it gets. The empty stands at the MCG with an hour left was beautifully funereal.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
it's graham gooch's term i think.

clarke is the worst culprit imo, he used to be quite stylish but now he looks all over the place and despite what he says he just doesn't seem up for a scrap at all..

luka

clarke is a mystery at the moment. post lara bingle the guys been in a rut. i think he tatooted that birds name on homself so i guess hes just been feeling like a cunt. was one of the worlds top batsmen...
i left at 8/89... just got home and saw the score.... utterly unbelieveable.... england must have had some dodgy bookmaker action going on in the perth test to lose like that....

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
yep. he used to be really lively and competitive in the field too.. now he just skulks around pouting and pointing

crackerjack

we should give him his due though, top scorer today with 20 ahahhahhahahahaha

With the hugely talented Hughes second :slanted:

Clark symbolises the difference between New Aus and Killer Aus. 15 years ago he'd have been Waugh-like fighting machine, someone who never surrenders his wicket when its needed. Now he's more like Alan Lamb - does enough not to get dropped, rarely any more.