The Ashes 2010

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
so looks like tremlett gets the nod (according to the bbc, that is)... so much for bresnan's ashes!
and yeah, luka, there was some funneebiniss going on in this thread.. posts disappearing, reappearing, then disappearing again...

hucks

Your Message Here
so looks like tremlett gets the nod (according to the bbc, that is)... ..

And gets three wickets! So many options in this England squad. So weird to wake up in the morning and expect England to be on top, but that's how it is these days. Johnson seems to be playing himself back into form with the bat at least. Vaughan made some good points about how poor it was that cricket Australia had allowed Johnson to get so out of condition for the beginning of the series, when all of england's bowlers had missed a test or two to do conditioning work.

He's really good, Vaughan, plenty of insights

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
agree that vaughn is good. atherton is a bit of a geek but also comes out with some good stuff. i'm sure it's been mentioned here before but i was reminded again this morning how shit botham is with his constant trickle of mundane shrugged observations and inability to pass any opportunity for a joyless sarcy putdown...

wow @ collingwood's catch to remove punter.
weird they sent smith in at 6 above haddin.. he's good but he's clearly not a test 6 yet...
agree about johnson, maybe a symptom of the general aussie leadership confusion?

luka

i only watched the first 40 mins and then had to go to work. great 40 mintues though. 3 big wickets. looks like being an enjoyable one... wont see a second of it tomorrow, hoping to watch most of the days play on saturday though.

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
Got so excited after the first 2 wickets fell that I ate all the chocolates off my tree and ended up staying awake til the close of play, watching an iffy stream and locked into the TMS coverage for 6 hours.

Couldn't really have gone much better from an English POV. The extra 30 odd runs that Siddle put on was disappointing, as was Finn's perpetually short bowling during that spell, but none of it seemed to matter after Strauss & Cook managed to see out the final 12 overs.

luka

ok hughes has gone for 12. thats important. i think we have to break hughes. make them discard him again.

luka

anderson might be injured. he's certainly hurt and obviously bowling badly. finn has turned into a flake. this is stressful for the first time since the very start of the first game and siddles heroics.

luka

bowled goober! see you clarke you big ponce.i dont like your face. you remind me of paris hilton.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
it's good that these teams don't like eachother, so much more entertaining! the whole beers-after-the-game culture of Freddie and Grevious et al was a bit cringey.

luka

it's good that these teams don't like eachother, so much more entertaining! the whole beers-after-the-game culture of Freddie and Grevious et al was a bit cringey.

absolutely bruvva! its getting spicey!

luka

i LOVE WATCHING BEER AND DRINKING CRICKET! it's friday. i got the weekend to look foward to. everything is blessy!

luka

lets get hussey out before he makes a half century this time. he wears too much of that face paint shit. its unecessey. youre wearing a helmet anyway you bell end... sort of like watson though... proper aussie.
solid as fuck.

luka

routes one thing i noticed about you is you take about 15 mintues to write a couple of sentences...

luka

as i say, i got home and england were batting. i didn't see johnson. but, he's a worry isnt he/ if he's on form hes the best bowler on either side not just by a bit but by a country mile, swann cant do what he does when things are going his way, hes terrifying. thank god hes a flake....

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
i'm at work.. listening to tms, pretending to stare at a word doc.. so annoying not being able to watch, having to listen to vaughn and simon hughes natter on about restaurants n shit

luka

pull a sicky sunshine, we could lose this but its a real game... this pitch is the real thing.