Hip Hop '11

luka

Kill Ya Self Feat. Ras Kass, Killer Ben, Planet Asia, TriState & Montage One

thats th bset thing i heard today.

luka

actually maybe this is bettre. this video is really good even if you dont lik th song. the illusions of grandeur thing lil b done is really good too... amazing cover.

meatstixx

psyched for the Danny Brown album, now he's signed to Fools Gold and has picked some interesting producers. i think its gonna surprise some people.

luka

ofwgkta playing at sydney opera house of all places. who making beats for danny brown?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
That Richboy tune is great, I've downloaded 12 bars mixtape but as usual I'm struggling to get through what I've already got :mad: Feeling 'Gwap' though

Definitely worth downloading 'Purgatory' if you haven't already http://www.datpiff.com/Alley-Boy-Purgatory-mixtape.189841.html Trap/emotional ish. I've almost got an instinctive aversion to auto-tune but it seems to figure quite heavily in Alley Boy/Young Dro's latest mixtapes, and works well on some tracks.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
psyched for the Danny Brown album, now he's signed to Fools Gold and has picked some interesting producers. i think its gonna surprise some people.

I like Danny Brown, but ever since I heard him I thought that he'd benefit from better production. The beats he spits on are often pretty uninspired, which totally doesn't match the way he raps at all.

Also, speaking of unorthodox rapping over well-suited productions: E-40 just dropped his next two Revenue Retrievin' albums the other day. Haven't got round to listening to them yet, but I bet they are good.

Great picture of E-40 at work: http://twitpic.com/wlnzd/full

Last edited:

luka

i cant get into bay area stuff usually. i dont know why. im not keen on goofiness in general. i never liked police academy when i was a kid. the internet is big on the bay for some reason. its good in a way cos i can automatically dismiss half the stuff that gets hypd on blogs. its not that i think its bad it just doesnt appeal to me. i agree that a lot of danny browns output has been made unlistenable for me cos of the beats. its a big shame.

daddek

hmm i dont know if agree entirely, maybe I've not heard enough to reach the same conclusion, but I thought a the Doe Pesci production on the Hawaiian Snow mixtape was great. I like Danny Brown, he interviews really well too. Cool how in the cocaine blunts interview he says how much he enjoys grime / electronic stuff, because he comes from detroit.

luka

i heard of danny brown from here. i cant remember who it was or i would give them credit.
it was this song. and i guess th frustration for me aftere hearing this was not being able to find anything as good except for maybe his guest spot on the black milk album.

outraygeous

I liked the beats on The Hybrid, Re up and Greatest Rapper Ever are excellent beats

I would like to hear him on a grime beat, he is accepting beats so someone should hit him up with one. I wouldn't like to hear Danny on trap beats

outraygeous

i heard of danny brown from here. i cant remember who it was or i would give them credit.
it was this song. and i guess th frustration for me aftere hearing this was not being able to find anything as good except for maybe his guest spot on the black milk album.

Thing with Danny is his 2 deliveries, I first found myself being hooked by the above flow but then I got more into his direct flow. Hybrid was a good album, Guitar solo video just dropped

his new look is cool too

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Yeah 'The Hybrid' beat is great, can't seem to find an mp3 of that tune anywhere.

Haven't heard this before, more of an 808 banger beat of the type I haven't heard him over before. Not sure it works actually.

Here's another example wot I just found, BANGER:

I really like the 'Drinks on Me' beat, more like a dilla/slum village-y beat and I think he works well over it, perhaps unexpectedly since his delivery is often so off-kilter and volatile. Luka I dunno if you're into that style of beat though, but I think it's great:

I like the Samiyam beat on 'Radio Head' too

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
seems like a good album. Like I said before, so much hip-hop just passes me by.

This one for example

this is great too, so vivid

< just seen this, Danny breaks down 'The Hybrid' track by track.

Last edited:

outraygeous

@Dart_Adams pon the twitter or just holla at Danny. He is pretty cool

Cheers for the track

Im going to wheel it after the first line on my serato

'Im the first to breakfast, late for dinner'

Couple gunshots for 'shop so much that every day is like December'

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Just got into E-40's new stuff today. I've only been able to give Overtime Shift a listen so far, but here's some of my favourite tracks off it:

A really catchy joint with Joker-esque shimmery synths, featuring J-Stalin who I'm feeling at the moment:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fD7bAOi_wak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one is a banger, the kind of thing you expect from 40. Cocaine Blunts posted this one up before the album dropped, so you might have heard it already:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ayVVms2py3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And this one because the drop is just fucking mad. Sounds like Zomby. The competing vocal tracks during the chorus make me want to slap a baby:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BTXgLw8O-Ng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I will post my favourites from Graveyard Shift after I've given it a listen.