araab muzik

wise

bare BARE BONES
my mate does that in his mpc, it sounds shit.
I wanted to remix a tune of his and he gave me this horribly clipped mp3.
keepin it real he called it
yuk

joe.dfx

who knows...
the clipping gets to be grating on the ears after listening to his stuff for awhile.

it's not "street/keeping it real" no matter how much they want to think it is...

(que chappelle's 'when keeping it real goes to far' clip)

it's just lazy imo.

i like his beats though. just in moderation. reminds of ironsoul stuff (kromestar's better half imo)

Benny Bunter

what's clipping?

when you have the volume of a digital signal too high, you get digital distortion, which doesn't sound very nice on the ears. In the case of araab musik it dooesn't bother me (I hadn't even noticed) but I can imagine if you were a DJ or a sound-purist it might annoy you.

There is a more thorough, more technical explanation, but that is it in a nutshell i think.

luka

oh, i didnt notice either. maybe if my pc speakers were more expensive. thanks for the explanation.

Damien

reminds of ironsoul stuff (kromestar's better half imo)

was just thinking this

also, IronSoul is one of the best artists to come out of Grime. Period. Had that US G-style mixed with Grime dark violin shit down solid. I miss that orchestral shit I wish Mr Slash would resurface

Been asked to spin some records before Kromestar in Newcastle this weekend and I don't even think I'll bother that's how much I care about that stuff. Shame

This thread is fucked, fuck a backpack yo

Last edited:

luka

im the same, i like it a lot but like crowley i have nothing interesting to say about it other than 'i like it'