Jackin' / Electroline

NATO

This is just, um...well, you can see for yourselves:

302821_449271518470209_335463256_n.jpg

Now available on t-shirts :confused:

Last edited:

datwun

Yup, saw that one on Certified Jackin's facebook feed. Wow. Pretty good scene, aesthetic's bang on point.

New fire from man like T-G. Woah.

NATO

Btw, I'm not responsible for any states of dramatically heightened arousal brought about by looking at that picture.

NATO

aesthetic's bang on point.

I think we just found the next Seapunk.

Garnett tune is a ripper Datwun.

EDIT *Ooh second drop, that's naughty that is*

Last edited:

datwun

I think we just found the next Seapunk.

Garnett tune is a ripper Datwun.

EDIT *Ooh second drop, that's naughty that is*

SEAJACK. JACKIN SEA. CRABCORE.

He's on a bloody winning streak at the moment innit! I love that dark wubby side of Jackin, it's really got everything I want from dance music.

Does anyone else love this one btw?
November 2010, that must make it one of the earliest Jackin tunes... Still trying to clock what was the music that immediately proceeded all this stuff, where's all the Electro which sounds like that?

datwun

UH OH....

Some... serious.... DANGER!!!!
From the Sleepin is Cheatin boyz and T-Z:

Jeeeezzzuuus.
New favourite. Instant classic.

"Don't think I shoulda had that last line doe"

datwun

Just watching Lorenzo b2b2b tom shorter and Marcus nasty chatting to Loz about the roots of jackin. Its not hard for me

Edited to change 'lol' to 'Loz'. Lol.

Last edited:

datwun

It was really good, BTW.
6 people in a room with a great sound-system and BASS NOISES FROM THE FUTURE. By all accounts it was as seminal as FWD>> at Velvet Rooms.

datwun

SOON COME!! I'm quitting my Job and Lorenzo was well up for helping me write the article. He's safe as fuck actually!! So I'm gonna get the History side down from him. Then I'm definitely going to 2:31 for NYE, but hopefully I'll be up in Brum or Leeds before then to get a night-review in there.

Want it to be nice and profession and see if any print magazines might pick it up!

NATO

Sound good datwun. Still don't understand what you were saying about MN and Loz - care to explain?

Last edited:

datwun

Just that Cause & Affect and Tom Shorterz came down to do a guest set on MN's rinse set and they all played a b2b2b session at the Vibe Bar in Brick Lane. Barely anyone was there - just a wednesday night in a busy area sort of flex - but they had fuck off funktion ones and they were playing tons of bangers I'd not heard before + all the big tunes. Had a nice long chat with Loz about Jackin, and a cheeky spliff with Shantie MC, it was a good Wednesday!!!

Benny Bunter

splendid work, looking forward to the article.

This my new favourite banger, Chris Gresswell & Cavna - When you move

Last edited:

NATO

Not a bad wednesday then datwun. Looking forward to listening to the recording, cheers for the link Benny.

continuum

smugpolice
Looking forward to listening to the Tom Shorterz Rinse session above. Have just downloaded it.

Personal fave right now:
Love how the above tune is fun but has a great atmospheric synth that comes in towards the end that really sets it off.

datwun

Personal fave right now

YUP! Really silly, really fun, really good.

I'm REALLY feeling this one on the deeper tip:
It's a couple month old now but I just clocked it last week. Some of these organ tunes are absolutely magical, totally different vibe to your bait 140 Organ House.

I played a night at Fez Club Cambridge on Thursday - had two half hour sets either side of Dusk & Blackdown. Went in with maybe 80% Jackin (ended on Usher's Climax - no remix, no bullshit). I really don't get why more people down south haven't picked this up, because crowds seem to 'get it' right away. It's probably a bit less experimental than Bassline at its weirdest, but because of that I feel it could be even bigger.

I just want everyone in the south to stop with all this bullshit "Bass" and start making music which is really fun to dance to plz. (Notable exceptions being Dusk & Blackdown, and the whole Keysound crewdem who've always been doin the damn thing, and have been finding the gems in an otherwise pretty stagnant London scene)

NATO

the marcus and 02.31 set is fantastic. Always good to hear Majestic on radio and Shantie was on great form as well. Not into Jamie George so much tho, he struggles singing over tunes that aren't in his natural vocal range. Plus I just want to hear an MC going at it over those tunes.