Hip-Hop 2012

Trillhouse

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value=""><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Trillhouse

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wkhMM_By1r8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Not 2012 but still

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Don't like that video for Wassup. Maybe its the Vice logo in the corner but it all feels quite 'knowing' and limp. I guess this is what detractors have been saying about Rocky's music for a while but it really feels like a hip facsimile of 'real' rap videos, and an amateurish facsimile at that. I suppose this was true of the Purple Swag video as well.

I gave Live Love ASAP a good review and I still think its an enjoyable tape, but I'm becoming less and less interested in him as a rapper. He does have talent (an ear for production and a Wiz Kalifah-like melodic/rhythmic instinct which is probably best demonstrated on Been Around The World) but there is something fundamentally weedy and half-arsed about his voice/delivery.

King Louie, on the other hand, I'm becoming more and more enamored with.

This mixtape is dropping two days after my birthday. Sort it out, Gooch.

bore

lol at the discussion of girls liking Necro. I can't say I'm a fan, but I'm sure there's Necro fangirls somewhere. Surprised at the general dislike for Danny Brown. I really enjoy his varied flow and the humour with which he treats topics which could otherwise be pretty shit. XXX was one of my favourite mixtapes from last year.

luka

why is this page full of the tunes we posted and discussed in the 2011 thread? isnt that a bit redundant?
all i know
wassup
too cool
???

alex

Do not read this.
Max B

it's cause i'm drunk that i'm making this post about him, but he's so much better than anyone else. Like everyone is just boring to me compared to him. And I listen to alot of trap and UK hip hop. He just pulls everything off with such style?? I dunno what it is about him, he's so infectious?. Any other flow i listen to is just 'meh'. Like even when an MC is rolling out their hardest, most concentrated lyrics, he just does something better & catchier, but with hardly any effort??

thing is the guy is doing what, a 75 stretch? so he's not even relevant in this thread. I don't post in these hip hop threads alot, but I haven't listened to someone this intently/intensively for a long while. Alot of people just basil (brush) him from the start, think he's like a 50 cent impersonator (?).

I'd like other people opinions on him & his style, cause for me he's really drawn me back into rap, but it's annoying as I continually find myself peeping other MC's and they just don't grab me as much as him. The flow's not there, nor is the content, I dunno... maybe i'm just romanticizing his whole presence and he's no different from any other rapper? Only thing I kno is I've given a cd of his (what I think) best tunes to someone who resonates more with dance music, and, given time, they've completely lapped it up, listening to nothing else. (Even when I recommend something similar they don't want to know). His lyrics aren't exactly so intricate they require dissection, they just work so well? Maybe I'm reading too much into it. My friend listens to alot of DVS, The Jacka (who is fucking sick, well underrated) and he doesn't feel him half as much.

Max has got production behind him (dame grease), but even 'styling over this beat, he kills it. It's much better than eminems and it's under half the fucking length.

By the way french montana is nowhere near him.... dunno where that partnership came from, they complement each-other on cw, but other than that *thumbs down* for him(although i do like shot caller, and he has got p)

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
he's *alright* ike he's got mad p & mad connects. But like he's nothing of an artist compared to max tho luka... 3 examples of, not even how max is better, but just how good he is

doing what he does best, first time i ever heard of him

luka

not comparing the two. max is the father. just saying. i will stick up for french. cos hes dopey and enthusiastic.

alex

Do not read this.

a good french tune, well the beat is good, the other 2 mc's are frass, frech aint bad. I like the beat overall tho

luka

the other two mcs are foundation members of 3 6 mafia. one of the most influential and revered groups in the history of hip-hop

alex

Do not read this.
hold tight them *edit hypocrite

like that was informative and whatever but tbh i only know 3 6 from one or two tunes. On that one in particular they were shocking

*edit more: my hp hop knowledge consists of the chronic.. various shitty censored lauryen hill compilations, eminem (oh he was the white guy who was good up until mmlp) chronic 2001 & GRODT

tbh chronic 2001 is one of the best things ive ever listened to. dunno y i'm telling you this, just wanted u to know where my influences of rap come from

(my next door neighbor also produced canibus' album 2000 B.C. (Before Can-I-Bus) which i ended up stealing off him cause he wouldn't give me a copy cause of the swearing. Them days though I used to borrow a turntable off him cause I had 1 and he had 1 he never used and I was buying loads of UKG to listen to on 1 deck.)

there's my namedrop.

Last edited:

luka

i am a Leader a Spiritual Guide a Warrior and a Saint. I am here to help. they are good tho, wait there and i will prove it. can you wait?

alex

Do not read this.
ad's tho luka, these best be good edit i also listneed to mad amounts of mob deep

fully haven't heard these tunes luka, they go in init

Last edited:

luka

some people think i shouldnt share knowledge like this but i think love is like a magic penny