Film - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

william_kent

Wow, so, that must be in the low millions of stars then, rating-wise.

it's pretty UK centric

but who gives a shit about the rest of the world?

one of the best films, EVER

combines so many UK obsessions: footie hooliganism, drugs, violence, etc.,

plus Motorhead on the soundtrack at 1:46 in this clip:

Rise of the Footsoldier - Hooligan setup

"speak English you cunts!"

"come on!"

william_kent

the treatment - decades ahead of the curve with the surgical masks, etc.,

edit: full disclosure, my brother was Millwall, so maybe a bit of bias about trendsetting on my part...

version

This comment under the bit when they get shotgunned in the Range Rover.

😂

C Note
6 months ago (edited)

Terry stones wig is so strong it even stayed on during a shotgun to the head. The force would of been like a hurricane wind and wet from the blood. I think we can all tell that is a Morrie edition wig right there.

version

It's been intriguing to watch this Barbie - Oppenheimer thing play out. Obviously it's not entirely organic, but there does seem to be a certain serendipity to how they've slotted together. I doubt anyone would have had the pairing in mind.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I have no idea why people are so excited about 'Barbie', it looks pretty shit to me from the trailer.

I was in my drawing class last night and numerous people were talking about how excited they were to see it. The two most excited were gay/had "They"pronouns so maybe it's the camp aspect?

version

It looks fun, but that's a big part of it, yeah. If you look at how people talk about it on Letterboxd there's a lot of campy comments about serving cunt, things being iconic, kenergy, and the like. It makes sense for what seems a self-aware Barbie rather than one aimed squarely at kids.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Looks like a Lego movie retread to me

If it's as good as the Lego movie i'll eat my smooth plastic crotch

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Also because Greta Gerwig is behind it, it likely has some other layer of self-aware commentary about gender roles and whatnot.