Film - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

william kent

coppola's take on stoker's book is fascinating, it is so much sexier and evil than what you could imagine being sprung out of how the text was written.

Dracula becoming a vampire after renouncing God, desecrating the chapel, stabbing the cross and drinking the blood that pours from it is a great touch. Shades of Ahab raging against Nature in Moby-Dick. You don't get that same sweep and grandeur when your first encounter is Harker meeting him at the castle. The vampire response to the crucifix carries much more weight too.

kid charlemagne

Dracula becoming a vampire after renouncing God, desecrating the chapel, stabbing the cross and drinking the blood that pours from it is a great touch. Shades of Ahab raging against Nature in Moby-Dick. You don't get that same sweep and grandeur to the story when your first encounter is Harker meeting him at the castle. The vampire response to the crucifix carries much more weight too.
yea that first bit is a whole epic in itself, really took me aback. so strinkingly different than the material right off the bat.

kid charlemagne

GVQa0iFWAAAnoZw

william kent

rest in power to alain deloin.... one of most cool important inspirational figures in film. also like a mafia guy irl.... respect.

In French media, Delon had the last word. In a 1996 question-and-answer sequence with the TV presenter Bernard Pivot, the actor was asked: “If God exists, what would you like to hear him say to you after your death?”

Without hesitation, Delon replied: “Since this is your greatest and deepest regret, I know, come, I’ll take you to your father and mother, so that for the first time, at last, you can see them together.”