Film - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

IdleRich

IdleRich
We are watching The Sting - not as good as it used to be sadly - but, I mention it here just cos of how, every time I see a film with a young(ish) Robert Redford I become more convinced that they cloned him and that Brad Pitt is simply RR version 2.0, or maybe RR version 1.1 - some real gossip that doesn't get mentioned enough

IdleRich

IdleRich
Marker wasn't his real name though for what it's worth...

Anyway, walking through the town the other day I saw these posters in a few places

02-16-eo.jpg

I know nothing whatsoever about this film, but I know Skolimowski for two unique and idiosyncratic films - Deep End and The Shout - which I enjoyed, as it seems did most others who saw them. Both films are quite different from each other and both are viewed very affectionately by a small group of geeks.

Anyway, as I said, I have no idea what this film is about and it clearly went under my radar when it came out last year. I will be interested to find out about it and check it out and I would have thought a couple of others here will feel the same.

Leo

has anyone seen "everything everywhere all at once"? is it worth all the oscars?

william_kent

has anyone seen "everything everywhere all at once"? is it worth all the oscars?

I saw it when it was free on Amazon Prime. I'm a fan of Michelle Yeoh so if she got one she deserves it for her past work*, but otherwise... no, not really. It's "OK", but there are some annoying bits, especially when it tries to be funny, and... it feels to me like Stephen Chow did this sort of thing better 20 years ago...

* although let's just forget about "Silver Hawk" where she battles Luke Goss ( ex-Bros )

Leo

big winner last night, seven oscars I think, including best film, best director(s) and her for best actress.

luka

its just an opportunity to distribute oscars among asians. there, job done, now stop moaning. asian year.

version

Marker wasn't his real name though for what it's worth...

Anyway, walking through the town the other day I saw these posters in a few places

I know nothing whatsoever about this film, but I know Skolimowski for two unique and idiosyncratic films - Deep End and The Shout - which I enjoyed, as it seems did most others who saw them. Both films are quite different from each other and both are viewed very affectionately by a small group of geeks.

Anyway, as I said, I have no idea what this film is about and it clearly went under my radar when it came out last year. I will be interested to find out about it and check it out and I would have thought a couple of others here will feel the same.

It's supposed to be a modern take on Bresson's Balthazar with a donkey wandering around.

luka

quit engaging in racial microaggressions, luka. that one's not even very micro.
its fairly transparent that was the idea. get them off our backs, here you go asians. thats clearly the thinking.

luka

yeah maybe but im not sure theyve been as vocal. there might not be the sense that they need placating in the same way.