Albums of the year 2012

Simon silverdollarcircle

I can never go there in case I bump into luke

I've got friends (although they are increasingly distant friends) who go there and have worked there etc.

It's where i'm probably SUPPOSED to be

But for the fear
I've heard it's an infamously brutul place to work. It's like joining the foreign legion or something . A friend of a friend worked there. She was one of those people whos relentlessly cheery and when we asked her what it's like working there she said 'yeah I cry at the end of every shift and they refuse to talk to me but it's alright!"

luka

i dunno what corpsey thinks would happen if he saw me in real life. im just a normal lager man.

version

You can probably get away with going to festivals as an older person as long as you don't make too much of a tit out of yourself.

version

One of the changes I've noticed re: following particular music scenes is I now have to do it consciously whereas in the past I'd sort of do it unwittingly. I was carried along by it rather than having to go out of my way to keep on top of things.

version

A problem I ran into with the New Stuff thread was it ending up a steady stream of new releases with no real cohesion beyond their being new and not being notable enough for their own threads or to generate much discussion. I haven't heard something new I'd consider essential in a very long time.

version

It's also difficult to tell where the issue lies, whether the music just isn't that good or whether you're losing the capacity or ability to realise when it is.