vvvwwwv

definitely remember hearing a 'got you stuck off the realness' sample over a tune recently, but can't remember where either. everyone's rinsing those 90's hip hop acapellas right now

EDIT: think it's a hugo massien tune. check the audio rehab xmas special (21/12) at 33 mins in

Last edited:

datwun

Trilliam's got half of it ;)
All will be reveallled

On a different note, only 2 weeks into the new year I finally managed to finish my 2013 in music retrospective.

Part 1 - Jackin
http://dominjapanround4.blogspot.jp/2013/12/2013.html
Part 2 - Deep tech and a little bit on the rave scene in Japan.
http://dominjapanround4.blogspot.jp/2013/12/pt.html

part 2 gets into some of the stuff I'll be developing in the article but have obviously held a lot back!

Sorry that they're insanely long and have too many soundcloud/video embeds!

NATO

Amine edge and dance tune is nice. Heard that in a lot of sets recently and def grew on me.

Datwun - working through your 2013 pt 2 now.

NATO

Tune ID - "from that day orn we just became tight and clicked up"

Should be obvious, it's been around for a bit in both Jackin' and deep tech I think.

trilliam

been underrating nightshift for a minute they made a cupl of persies. lance morgan starts his frequency set with that dreams track. tech'd out.

NATO

why the Breach boycott?
seeing as you liked the tune before you knew who made it...

Because...Let's Jack and it's stultifying effect on music last year. Also his response to the DJ's moaning Twitter and articles was less than elegant.

I very rarely do it, so going to allow myself this once :cool:

wise

bare BARE BONES
Just bought Nightshifts back catalogue. Didnt realise he'd released so many. Top stuff :D

denoir

Nice lil summary datwun, I can relate to the deep tech part...there were a couple of big 2012 tunes (Serious People, Aphrodite, etc.) that I enjoyed, as well as some crossover tracks (Underground, Mind Ur Step, Ruff Stuff,...) that helped me understand this sound but I really had to find time and check out some mixes to finally "get it". Similarly to funky, I find this stuff not very convincing when listening to yt/sc clips, always need to hear the tracks in the context of a mix/radio show.