datwun

I was at the last Audio Rehab and it was as vybezy as anything I've been to in London recently which is to say - not a quarter as vybezy as Birmingham lol. That said I went to Amine Edge & Dance with Dip Dab in the small room the week after and the vibe was crazy good, so maybe it's just a Saturday night thing? That said, the music was absolutely outstanding all night at Audio Rehab, and there's something about that sound system which makes the music qualitatively different to the merely good sound system.

I've got to say for all that we eulogise clubs with an underground vibe, I'd say you can't deny that creature comforts like heaters outside, lighting done spot on, non gross toilets have their charms. I was surprised actually that considering how professional everything else is, how badly ventilated that main room is - considering how pretty much everyone there was on MD it was insanely hot in that main room and it meant I had to keep going outside or risk like, passing the fuck out.

whytea

Having spent the weekend with him, i think it's very unlikely Pinch is talking about London/DeepTech/Audio Rehab, in which case you lot are getting your knickers in a twist about nothing.

I would assume he's talking about all the house that half of dubstep went off into post-Bro, which of course I'm sure of you lot would be the first to point out is quite a distinct branch from London/DeepTech/Audio Rehab.

I got this impression, and like I said I think this has something to do with being from Bristol, Blazey will agree with me when I say Bristol must be one of the UK's only large cities which hasn't caught on to this sound properly - house nights down here are terrible mainstream affairs - upcoming at Motion you have Skream and Citizen, then Eton Messy, then Swamp81 - music which does fall into the bland, flat post-dubstep House bracket.

Obviously Pinch goes off around the country with bookings but, say, when he goes London, hes much more likely to be playing trendy venues such Corsica Studios, as opposed to Lightbox or No.65 - I don't blame anyone from Bristol for not knowing this sound, they just aren't exposed to it - which is a piss-take when one of the top-boy producers in the scene (Hugo Massien) is from here and can't even get a booking!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
For whatever reason Bristol never seemed like a house city in the time I lived there. Obviously there's loads of it going on nowadays, some really active promoters putting on good nights/days there but I still think Bristol is dubstep/DNB at heart. The house/techno that DOES get pushed outside of student-ville is the deeper experimental stuff - which does make sense, given the connection to Berlin/Detroit that producers like Peverelist have.

Bodynod was quite well attended when I went to see Lance Morgan there, I guess a lot of ppl came for Pay As U Go, though.

Getting increasingly gutted about missing Frequency the closer it gets
50x50px-ZC-69bcb390_dawson-crying.jpeg

firefly

awesome footage!

also, listening to a sub par remix from dave aju on circus company (not related), i'm begging hugo massien/nightshift/mark radford/RS4 to remix nicolas jaar's space is only noise.

denoir

Finally recorded a deep tech mix - had to make a selection from more than 100 tunes and still ended up with nearly 80 minutes of recording. Quite a few recent releases, couple of unreleased tracks/promos, some older bits as well - Jack + Danny, RS4, Hugo, Truce, Mr + Mrs Smith, Strange Static, DJ Pioneer, Arun Verone, Mr Mageeka, Tazer, X5 Dubz, Playtime, etc

https://soundcloud.com/danielnoir/ldn-house-utopia-vol-1

Daggazz

Shadow
Finally recorded a deep tech mix - had to make a selection from more than 100 tunes and still ended up with nearly 80 minutes of recording. Quite a few recent releases, couple of unreleased tracks/promos, some older bits as well - Jack + Danny, RS4, Hugo, Truce, Mr + Mrs Smith, Strange Static, DJ Pioneer, Arun Verone, Mr Mageeka, Tazer, X5 Dubz, Playtime, etc

https://soundcloud.com/danielnoir/ldn-house-utopia-vol-1

Big mix an nice selection. You gotta hook a tracklist up for that bro

wascal

Wild Horses
For whatever reason Bristol never seemed like a house city in the time I lived there. Obviously there's loads of it going on nowadays, some really active promoters putting on good nights/days there but I still think Bristol is dubstep/DNB at heart.

All about Duvet Vous in Easton for house in Bristol tbh.

datwun

fucking love this one.
I feel like Theo Nasa and Paul Robinson make the weird, dark, polyrhythmic beats that people like Hessle Audio were pushing, but just has so much more energy as to make that stuff redundant.

datwun

A mate offers up this track as evidence that deep tech is not just influenced by bleep n bass, but essentially no different to it.
To be fair I would not be surprised were it a new Audio Rehab exclusive!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
A mate offers up this track as evidence that deep tech is not just influenced by bleep n bass, but essentially no different to it.
To be fair I would not be surprised were it a new Audio Rehab exclusive!

That's sort of uncanny. Then again I think one of the things I loved about frequency was that it felt like a throwback to acid house days when house was darker and "colder".

trilliam

energy levels, not rhythmic enough, too out there etc

same sort of reasons y u dont hear mojukin bits played out too tough