Dr octagon
Black star
Mc solaar
Disposable heroes of hiphopcrisy
New Kingdom
The goats

Last edited:

luka

Plus right on britrap semi-obscurity eg. Credit to the nation/Asian dub foundation

Last edited:

luka

HE IS SELLING HIS CDS COS THEY ARE FRAUGHT WITH MEMORIES OF A PAST SHARED WITH ONE WHO HAS BETRAYED HIM.

luka

Classics of the alt canon, + the flotsam and jetsam of the period, the 2nd rate, the manufactured, the opportunistic, the lightweight, the derivative, the forgotten.

cauliflower stalks and potato peelings, anemic root vegetables

luka

You can do it with footballers, remember the names of the bit part players.

Their names bring back the period more vividly than the names of superstars and cult heroes.

Superstars are always present.
The supporting cast are confined to history, a bit of looped footage, funny haircuts, provincial glories, Shirts sponsored by dead brands.

A mention in the local paper when the memorabilia gets auctioned off

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
The supporting cast are confined to history, a bit of looped footage, funny haircuts, provincial glories, Shirts sponsored by dead brands.

A mention in the local paper when the memorabilia gets auctioned off

I think that was St Etienne's raison d'etre

hucks

Your Message Here
Oh come on, in what universe is RHCP even semi-hip? They're in about the same hipness bracket as U2. I think there's thread-creep going on here.

It's not Californication. The guy's 40, remember. RHCP were almost cool once. Also it's important this stays in cos I don't have it and I find that comforting

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's not Californication. The guy's 40, remember. RHCP were almost cool once. Also it's important this stays in cos I don't have it and I find that comforting

Haha, OK. I'm pretty sure owning anything by RCHP would be enough to have you up before the House Committee on Un-Dissensian Activities.

I was just having a hard time squaring it with someone who, by the sound of it, spent most of his twenties listening to indie, 'respectable' electronica and conscious hip-hop, rather than bottom-of-the-barrel bro-rock.

Last edited: