catalog

Had this on repeat while I was in Texas

No one I met or spoke to in either Austin or Houston had heard of Rabit and to be fair his 9wn productions are gash but I think he's an excellent DJ. And like Sporting life, so much from the UK in this set.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
GROUCHY POST

Boiler Room is so embarrassing and depressing to watch, isn't it

I think a video of a club night could be good cos nobody would know they're "on Boiler Room", like that video wild greens posted of the early 90s rave

It's so hideously in tune with the times to have a club night where the crowd is performing for an online audience

Also, aren't those all-in-one DJ decks so much less cool looking than Technics? Seeing a DJ hunched over this little box like a dorky damn nerd

catalog

I never watch the videos tbh. And I know boiler room is lame (have you seen Wanda groups tweets about them?) but I think this is from 2016 or something.

catalog

Wanda group is like the same person as luke, moaning all the time and talking about good Romford is. Weirdly he lives in Huddersfield and I know his bird but I've never met him

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The DJ should be up on a plinth, disguised as a God, raining down thunderbolts from the heavens on the spasming peons below

Any other form of DJing is toxic and fascist

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I suppose it wouldn't sustain a thread to talk about the impact of social media/video on dance music.

I assume that nowadays being a successful DJ is more about your look than ever before, more about how photo and telegenic you are, how appealing your clips on Instagram of you dancing behind the decks are etc.

You probably get less ugly freak DJs like you did even when I was into it

catalog

jKcVZby.jpg

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
that video wild greens posted of the early 90s rave

Ronald Dump

10 months ago
I struggled with my mental health during covid big time, and this ain’t a joke at all but I’ve watched this video countless of times, it shows there’s happiness beyond sadness, and it’s honestly helped me. how we can all enjoy each other’s company and live in peace. I can only wish we can see these days happen again.
Show less

3 replies

Philip Hilton

Philip Hilton

7 months ago
Love this rave it has saved me I am a yoga raver now higher mind frequencies that’s what it is all about do yoga before watching this rave ya will experience something unique higher love higher energy higher thinking don’t need ecstasy do yoga releases same chemicals into brain happy rave vibes get involved the future of rave lol watching it now
Read more

Freyja

Freyja

3 weeks ago
fear is ur only god

Dominic Speirs

Dominic Speirs

3 weeks ago
Make raving great again ;) try not to let yourself be programmed about Trump, he's an actual legend.

https://accounts.google.com/Service...n-GB&next=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlIsZVlbasiA&hl=en-GB

catalog

I am on board re boiler room being cunts but equally, early on, a lot of people got a first leg up that way and they realised that youtube was a better platform than either soundcloud or mixcloud.

What's his name, the main guy, he's a lord of something?

catalog

Boiler room might have been the first time I saw hype williams, it was either them or fact

I've been to one in Manchester, Regis and this shouty Berlin guy, forgot his name. Was ok, nothing special. Would've preferred to be at this one

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I guess there's no point hating, he might have come from a wealthy background but at least he did something with it and as you say probably gave a big platform to some artists.

Best BR I've ever seen

shakahislop

boiler room is generally awkward as fuck to watch, i can't hack it, but was just listening to some djs from a thing i'm heading to and i quite like it when they're in some random town somewhere and the people on camera are a different crowd, just the lads, i mean this is exactly what i'd expect a boiler room in belfast to be like, the lads pissing about